jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

my profit disappeared

1. Robin Layne profile image77
    Robin Layneposted 8 years ago

After I had published two Hubs some time ago, I checked with the advertisers. I had earned 7 cents from one; unfortunately I can't remember which one. Now I have 8 hubs in all, and I checked my profits and all are zero. I realize that I won't get paid anything until I have earned $10, but I figured the 7 cents was a start. Why has it disappeared from the records? Not that I care about 7 cents per se, but if they can "disappear" any of my profits, they can make all of them vanish. And since it's been a long time since I checked for profits, I'm concerned.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Robin, take another look at the Adsense site and check exactly what the figure represents.

When you first open Adsense, the figure shown is normally what you've earned that day. If you want to see what you earned that month, or for all time, you need to select that time period in the drop down box.

3. darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 8 years ago

In addition to what Marisa has said, you have to earn $100 before you can get a payout.

4. Robin Layne profile image77

$100 wasn't what they said. I read it was $10, but that might be a different advertiser.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
      mistyhorizon2003posted 8 years ago in reply to this

If the advertiser was Adsense it is definitely $100 before payout.

2. darkside profile image79
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps Amazon?

5. Robin Layne profile image77

Or maybe I just remembered it wrong. Overoptimistic, thinking I'd get $100 as easily as $10.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I looked at the whole list, at all my profit from beginning to end and it was all zero.

6. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Robin, if you've earned nothing at all from Adsense in 6 months - even with only 8 Hubs - I suggest you check and make sure you've entered your code correctly.

I'm a bit confused by your use of the word "list", because Adsense doesn't give you a "list" (unless you selected Payment History) - you just select the option you want in the drop-down box and you get a total figure.

Personally, I've earned only a few dollars from eBay and Amazon on HubPages (and many other people report the same thing).  Considering I have over 70 Hubs, it wouldn't surprise me if you hadn't earned anything with only eight.  But I'm sure you should have earned something on Adsense by now.

7. BeatsMe profile image82
    BeatsMeposted 8 years ago

Hi Robin, are you sure you're only writing in hubpages? If you write somewhere else, like squidoo, if you didn't reach payout after twelve months, they forfeit your earnings. Maybe that's what happened.

8. AEvans profile image68
    AEvansposted 8 years ago

My profits are still there as I checked, try to go as far back as you can on Google Adsense as believe me it should be there. smile

9. Robin Layne profile image77

I feel dumb. I don't know where I checked before. I clicked on "All Time," and I have a total of 21 cents now. And yes, my number is correct.

working