jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Have you verified your hubpages profile in Pinterest?

1. Arielqiao profile image59
    Arielqiaoposted 3 years ago

Today I  pined one of my hub successfully. Then I went to visit Pinterest. On my Pinterest page, I saw a Verify button.I clicked on it, and wanted to verify my hubpages profile link there. I followed the instruction to do it. It asks me to upload a HTML verification file to my web server. How can I do it? Does it mean that we can't submit our hubs to Pinterest any more?

1. sgbrown profile image93
      sgbrownposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure about having to verify my site with Pinterest, but I just tried to Pin a hub of another hubber and recieved a message saying that this site doesn't allow pinning!  I tried twice.  I'm not sure what is up here.  Our Pin button is gone too.

I have to come back and say that I was wrong about the Pin button.  For some reason there was not a Pin button on the hub I wanted to pin. Apparently that is just a single occurance.

1. Rosie2010 profile image83
          Rosie2010posted 3 years ago in reply to this

sgbrown, there are hubbers who do not want their hubs to be pinned.  When Pinterest was first discussed here on Hubpages, there were hubbers who were strongly against it, so Hubpages gave us a choice - to allow pinning or not to allow pinning for our own hubs.  You can find this in the Profile section under social networks. 

Those hubbers who opted not to allow their hubs to be pinned, do not have "Pin it" button on their hubs.

2. livewithrichard profile image86
      livewithrichardposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You cannot verify Pinterest with your Hubpages account.  You have to own a Top Level Domain in order to be verified.  As of right now, Pinterest is not verifying subdomains.  You have to have access to the root directory of your website in order to upload their html file which we do not have access to here on HP.  Entering your Pinterest link on your profile pages is not the same as being verified.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

I also have an offer to verify my website on pinterest:

1. Download the HTML verification file (pinterest-xxxxx.html).
    2. Upload this file to your web server (millionairetips.hubpages.com).
    3. Click here to complete the process.

Since I can't do this myself (as far as I know) I hope HubPages can do this on a global basis.

Thank you Rosie2010.  I did not realize that at the time.  Having the option to allow pinning, or not, is a good option that HP has given us.  I am just a little embarassed that I didn't know about it.  smile

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 3 years ago

I imagine if you really wanted to verify, you can use a alternate site of yours, that you 'own' and has HP attached to it, to help smile just a thought.