jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Power of Tongue

1. Iamsam profile image66
    Iamsamposted 3 years ago

Out of all the muscles in our body, the strongest one happens to be our tongue ( medical fact ) but it has power in more ways than just the physical. Because we all know: words are the most powerful weapon in this planet.

1. Zubair Ahmed profile image78
      Zubair Ahmedposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes you're very correct.  Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said:

He (SAW) was asked as to what thing brings people into al-Jannah (heaven) the most and he said: “Taqwaa of Allah (God) and good character.” Then he was asked as to what thing brings people into the Fire the most and he said: “The mouth (tongue) and the private-parts.” - narratated by at-Tirmidhee

Clearly we know from experience that many worldly vices are commited by the use of our tongues and our private parts.  Only if we used it in the correct manner there would be less suffering in this world for everyone.

2. Mark Johann profile image63
    Mark Johannposted 3 years ago

Words you mean is very powerful. It can bring down kingdoms. It can destroy. Words are dangerous. My whole view point is that we must be very careful with our words and use it the good sauce of the coin.

Even the tongue itself has strong quality and power. I know a hubber named, epus. Epus has also a hub about tongue, like it has own antiseptic, etc. This is just additional info about tongue. Thank you.

3. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 3 years ago

Yep the tongue sure is a powerful vehicle that for many possesses multiple skills!  smile

In fact, I have had to rely on it's stamina on many occasions - even when I'm so drunk that it has had to carry me home!  tongue  lol

I've even seen people sitting in their cars at the lights on rainy days... using their tongue exactly like and in sync with their windscreen wipers!  smile

Oooops.... I also meant to say...  they seem to also be quite a popular tool at Office Parties! lol