jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Only my second Hub.. So I would like some constructive criticism

1. GStamp profile image59
    GStampposted 4 years ago

I just wrote a quick and to the point hub on how imperfections can be a good thing in relationships, so as a newbie here on hubpages I would greatly appreciate some feed back on it

http://gstamp.hubpages.com/hub/A-Perfec … lationship

1. ElSeductor profile image61
      ElSeductorposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's a good hub, short and to the point.  Keep hubbing.

R

GStampposted 4 years ago in reply to this

thanks, i really appreciate that

2. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Too short.

Short thoughts like that is not a hub, not even really a blog entry.

I suggest you reflect on that, think of some aspects of the phenomenon you discussed, think of some examples, and such.

Nobody's perfect. IMHO, the thought she can't be perfect seem to be more of a self-image problem.

I can always quote the cliche about if you can't love yourself you can't love someone else... wink

2. GStamp profile image59
    GStampposted 4 years ago

duly noted smile

3. tamron profile image61
    tamronposted 4 years ago

Nice hub but you will probably get the zzzzzzzz pretty quickly.  A noticed on my short hubs it happens.  Also hubs that don't have any links get the zzzzzzz.  I would add 2 links at the bottom.  I would title the capsule Recommended and put 2 links to similar topics or write 2 and add your links.  Nice hub and truthful!

4. GStamp profile image59
    GStampposted 4 years ago

forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by "zzzzzzzz" people goin to sleep or something else lol

1. tamron profile image61
      tamronposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The new feature hubpages has for letting you know your hub needs to be updated.  If you click account and look at the very end of your titles you will either see zzz means your hub needs updating at the end or what looks like a yellow dot that means your hub is featured.

5. GStamp profile image59
    GStampposted 4 years ago

thanks for the insight

6. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

I thought your hub was well written and engaging. The only things that I'd point out are these.

1. You mention a PSA, I'm from the UK, I have no idea what a PSA is. Remember your hubs, potentially, will be viewed by people from around the world,(and this is exactly what you should aim for) so try not to use jargon or phrases which are familiar only to your own nation, age group or locality.

2. I'd make more paragraphs, not that there's anything wrong with the number of paragraphs that you've used, but internet readers are a bit lazy, they have short attention spans and might be put off if they see big blocks of text. You want to keep them on our page.

3. I'd change the title to something like; What is a perfect relationship; Five clues which signal that you're in love; How do you know that you're in love? Something like that, things that people interested in this subject might be searching for. You'll get a lot more traffic this way.

4. Definitely make them longer. You write well, don't be shy.

GStampposted 4 years ago in reply to this

thanks holly

working