jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Hub Groups

1. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

I'm wondering if this function is still available, because, although I see it on the Account page, I notice most profiles I visit don't have Hubs in separate categorized groups. We have new profiles, so I thought maybe we do not still have the option of grouping Hubs. What I understand about grouping Hubs is that it makes them friendlier to the search engines because people look for a single spot for specific information. Also, I'm wondering if a Hubber would be better off making his or her Hubpage on a single subject, a niche as they say. Or does grouping them help in this regard by giving the search engine one spot on each subject to find information. Would certainly appreciate anyone's knowledge on this subject.

1. That Grrl profile image80
      That Grrlposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I use the Hub Groups. I like them just for my own use. They keep me on track  with the topics I'm writing about. Having Groups makes it easy to gather the topical posts and see what's still missing or think about something more to add.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

Yes it still exists.  Groups are what determines which of your hubs are profiled at the bottom of your hub - the hub right before and the hub right after it are the ones that will show as related links.

I personally like to write about a variety of topics, and I think the HubPages format lets me do that. Since each hub stands alone (besides the related links I offer), it shouldn't matter that I write about different things.  I think that is what makes HP more preferred to me than a blog - where users come in because of a niche topic. 

What Google thinks about that, I don't know.

1. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that's how I understood it; each Hub is a subdomain which stands on its own, almost as if a visitor is coming to a website of its own; correct me if I'm wrong, that's how I understand it. This might be a good reason to link a Hub to your other Hubs related to the subject; again, I'm still learning, but this is what makes sense to me.

3. lovebuglena profile image92
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

You can organize your hubs into group. I've been doing this long time. Every time I post a new hub I place it into an existing group or create a new one... So it should be available and working...