jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should I Tinker With a Popular Hub?

1. Daniel Roo profile image78
    Daniel Rooposted 3 years ago

I have a hub which has gained 31 Facebook likes, a couple of tweets and 68 useful/funny/awesome/beautiful/interesting ratings.

My questions is, how safe is it to overhaul the hub? I actually don't like the way it was written and feel the content should be totally rewritten and the layout of the hub also significantly changed.

This was one of my first hubs and while it is the most popular, I like it the least.

If I change the content but keep the focused keywords in place, ie the frequency of keywords in paragraphs/headings etc, how likely am I to screw it up and nuke my high rankings in search engines?

The hub currently gets just under a 1000 views a month and I have never tried to promote it anywhere, it's all natural traffic. Earlier in the year the hub was getting about 150 views a day so I would like to get back to that benchmark if I can.

http://danielroo.hubpages.com/hub/how-t … -to-google

I wanted to add more heading tags to break up the text, include more illustrative photos and rewrite the instructions so they are clearer, possibly reducing the amount of text overall.

Any advice would be warmly welcome.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 3 years ago

Well, rather than do a rewrite for a article doing good on it's own, why not do a spin-off article related to it that may provide indepth analysis of the tips and advice or something like that ? smile

3. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 3 years ago

Hi Daniel Roo,
    Have you considered making a hard copy of the original Hub first, then messing around with it to achieve more clarity?  Heading tags can also be helpful...formatting of the piece can certainly improve readability.
    It seems to me that your feelings about the work are the most important.  You are obviously dissatisfied and that is bound to be sensed by your audience.
    I also agree with Dame Scribe that a follow-up Hub could work, thus bringing up further points on the subject.
    Great question!

4. Marketing Merit profile image83
    Marketing Meritposted 3 years ago

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I would be inclined to follow the advice given by DameScribe and make a follow up hub. The only change I would then make to the original hub would be to link to the second, follow up hub.