jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Amazon is not providing us with an image for this item. What to do?

1. dannycarrey profile image63
    dannycarreyposted 4 years ago

Guys,
    I've just wrote about a product from Amazon, but when adding it to the capsule it shows: "Amazon is not providing us with an image for this item. Therefore it can not be displayed."  Do you have any solution for this?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

Sometimes images are not available.

3. dannycarrey profile image63
    dannycarreyposted 4 years ago

Can somebody please help me with this?

4. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

If they don't have an image, they don't have an image --either find a different listing for the same product, or feature a different product

dannycarreyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

But there's a bunch of pictures for this product

5. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

This is the message I am getting when trying to add an Amazon product

"Amazon is not providing us a price for this item. Therefore it can not be displayed."

I have seen this message before; but it is showing up so often today that I am left wondering if it is possibly a glitch.

6. 2uesday profile image87

Having spent the time since my last post trying to solve this - a work around that I have used in the past seems to work.

When the message comes up as you choose 'specific products', that you cannot have an image - go into the Amazon page and copy the description of the item, now post it as the 'keywords choice' for the item in the Amazon capsule. With any luck you will find the item appears as if by magic, considering you cannot have an image because no price is available.

This is very similar to a problem we had with Amazon capsule earlier this year.

Wow thanks so much for your help! Do you know if maybe there's a chance to add bigger pics from amazon?

7. 2uesday profile image87

I have reported the glitch, my idea will probably work until there is a fix, if there is seen to be a problem.

The Amazon capsules on this site do not have a choice of sizes for the image to select from.
    I am not sure if other HubPage writers have other ways of adding larger Amazon images.

Thank you so much for your help!!!

8. Reynold Jay profile image82
    Reynold Jayposted 4 years ago

You can post ANY picture in there just to get it working for you. I post DVD's and ran across this problem. I go to Wikipedia and find photos there to paste.

9. SmartAndFun profile image90
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

I wrote my first hub in ages today and got this message about amazon not supplying an image, although actually there is an image. I guess the glitch has not been fixed yet, or has returned.

10. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

That is a constant here. It is a glitch that never gets fixed permanently.

1. SmartAndFun profile image90
      SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yay. A nice "welcome back" gift.

Unfortunately, the item that won't show up is the one that the hub is reviewing. sad

working