jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How do I properly attriblute press (PR) images provided for a product?

1. Distant Mind profile image91
    Distant Mindposted 4 years ago

I'm writing a hub on electronics and I want to use press images from the device manufacturer. How do I attribute them properly?

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Check the copyright specifications.

Use the photo capsule to add a link to the source if they only ask for attribution.

1. Distant Mind profile image91
        Distant Mindposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I cannot find any copyright specifications. Where should I look for them?

1. classicalgeek profile image88
          classicalgeekposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Contact the source where you found the images, and ask for the copyright holder's contact information. Then contact them and ask for permission to use the images for commercial use. Also ask them how they want those images attributed, and any other restrictions (is it a license or a permission?, etc.).

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If there is no copyright specification, then the image is copyright and you're not allowed to use it.  That's how copyright on photos works - if there's no statement, it's copyright.  If it's available for license, there will be a statement accompanying the photo, telling you how it can be used.

2. Horatio Plot profile image83
    Horatio Plotposted 4 years ago

You can normally find the pictures you want on a company's press page on their website. Just email and ask permission to use them. If it's for review purposes they'll give it. Then attribute it as "Used with permission of XYZ Ltd."

3. Distant Mind profile image91
    Distant Mindposted 4 years ago

Thanks, guys. All this information has been really helpful.

working