jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Hubs not showing up as indexed even though they have been crawled.

1. Melovy profile image96
    Melovyposted 4 years ago

I have 2 hubs that are not showing up as indexed when I search the url but in the stats on both hubs it shows that they have been crawled by Google and Bing - one of them was crawled 35 hours ago by Google.  I've cleared my cache and and checked on a different computer, and it's definitely not showing up. This hub is over 3 weeks old, and it's a bit frustrating that it isn't indexed. (I have tried to manually index through Webmaster tools.)

Does anyone know how long it takes after the search engines crawl a page before it gets indexed? In other words, should it have indexed after 35 hours, or should I be patient because this means it is almost there?

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

I did a text string of your latest hub. Not only is it indexed, its picture even came up. How'd you do that? I'd love for my hub pics to show up like that.

1. Getridame profile image60
      Getridameposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's magic!

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're no help... lol

2. Melovy profile image96
      Melovyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

paradigmsearch, thanks for doing that.
      Bizarrely it's not my latest hub that hasn't indexed. It's the one on why airlines don't allow cellphones and a different recipe one.
      The reason the photo shows up with that particular hub you searched is because it's a recipe. Using the recipe capsule does that somehow. (By magic I think! smile)
      However, you can get your profile picture to show up in results if you claim Google authorship. Glenn Stok wrote a hub about this, so follow his directions. (I did it but couldn't remember enough to tell you how.)

I wrote this before I read Getridame's reply, so it seems we both think it's magic!

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
          paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Tough town, the internet... lol

3. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 4 years ago via iphone

Melovy, it took mine about thirty days even though I pinged it. It will get better, I hope.

Brakel2, thanks. 30 days is a lot. I've heard of pinging but don't know what it is. Would you mind explaining?

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Pinging simply lets search engines know that your content is new or updated and should be recrawled.

4. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 4 years ago via iphone

Pingfarm .com is one site. You enter the URL , and someone said to ping your profile too. It shows that you have something new or updated, Melovy.

5. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

WHERE was it indexed? Your profile says you live in Scotland - is there a Scottish Google or just the UK one? Either way, it may be indexed on the US Google but not the UK one.

To force Google to go to the US search engine, use http://google.com/ncr

1. Horatio Plot profile image84
      Horatio Plotposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There is a Scottish Google I believe. It split from Google .co.uk after a one question referendum in 2010. Most popular search terms include, "Whaur's the cludgie?" (where's the toilet) and "Goad a'michty! Ma dampt hoovercraft's breemin' ower wi bluiddy eyls!" (my hovercraft is full of eels)

6. Melovy profile image96
    Melovyposted 4 years ago

lol Horatio!

working