jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Is the rule 80/20 applies to your hubs?

1. dannycarrey profile image63
    dannycarreyposted 4 years ago

Is 20% of your hubs is making 80% of your profit?

1. kathleenkat profile image89
      kathleenkatposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No idea. is there an easy way to tell? I just look at my earnings as a whole.

dannycarreyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just look for number of impressions and compare it with the daily impressions overall and you will know which hubs are making the most for you smile

1. DrMark1961 profile image90
          DrMark1961posted 4 years ago in reply to this

To me this just means that no one is interested in the vast majority of the articles that I think need to be published; does it have some other significance?

Just quick facts about the rule 80/20:
            "The 80-20 rule was developed by Joseph Juran, a 20th century figure in the study of management techniques and principles. The 80-20 rule has been applied to a number of different facets of business. An example of the 80-20 rule in economics would be that 80% of a country's wealth is controlled by 20% of the population, although this can be explained by the Gini index."

I'm just courious if it's also working in hubpages smile

2. daisydayz profile image85
    daisydayzposted 4 years ago

I think it is probably about right with mine to be honest. I have 2 hubs that have had 4000 out of my 13000 views between them then a handful which have around 500 views a piece, the rest are way down. So the 80/20 rule probably isnt far off.

So it's working :)thank you for replying

3. profile image60
    waqqqqqposted 4 years ago

I'm not experiencing the phenomenon where a small minority of my hubs account for the bulk of my earnings. On one account, 51% of my hubs get 80% of my views, and on another account 63% of the hubs get 80% of the traffic.  These are niche accounts where all the hubs are closely related to one another and each account has more than 50 hubs. Perhaps those who write on a wider variety of topics per account will have situation where a handful of hubs dominate.

4. spartucusjones profile image90
    spartucusjonesposted 4 years ago

I just checked, and my top 20% amounts to 61%. That being said my top 10% amounts to 55%. As far as 80% goes, that amounts to 33% of my hubs.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

I don't know what percent but 3 of my hubs earn the most money for me.

working