jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Matching Ads to content

1. the clean life profile image74
    the clean lifeposted 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me why my ads are not matching my content. I just published a hub on Hurricane Sandy and ads are displaying all about alcohol and rehabs.

2. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 3 years ago

I do not think everyone sees the same ads. when they visit a page. I have just been looking at things about Italy and then when I go to your page I see an advert for flights to Italy. I think that is the way adverts work sometimes.

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 3 years ago

I thought that's what the big 'G' was doing tongue placing ads based on search queries. I remember somebody had a 'bra' ad stalking them lol

4. 59
    Robin Thomas Eposted 3 years ago

There are plenty of reasons for this:

1) The ads are based on the users rather than the content. You have the option to enable that in your Adsense account, where you can enable the interest based ads, and ads shall be shown depending on the search queries of your visitors. HubPages may have enabled it or you may have the option enabled in your Adsense account.

2) The ads that you see are certainly not what your visitors shall see. You should have a look at an Adsense preview tool to understand the ads that are shown in your hub.

3) There are no ads to show about your content. Your hub is about Sandy which is fairly recent, and may not be having any advertisers so far. You cannot think about having advertisers in all the niches. Have a check on the Adwords tool, and see the competition for your keywords. It shall probably be low, and that can explain why there are no ads about it.

I had a look at your hub and the ads that are shown to me are about web design and development and hosting, which are certainly my interests and things that I look out for. So I think my opinion #1 is the correct answer for this.

the clean lifeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Robin thank you so much for all the info you have given me on this question. When I look on my adsense I do have contextual , Interest base and placement . more so contextual but all three are advertising on my hubs. Thank you

5. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image63
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 3 years ago

I never really pay attention to what Google ads put up because I figure as long as there are ads. However now that you mention it now and then I have seen the odd ad which has nothing to do with what my hub is about. I am more concerned on posting my Amazon adds so that they go along with my poetry. Now that is a hard task. Recently was informed that my hub which was rather popular was going to be pulled because my ads had nothing to do with what I was writing about. So I had to edit and figure out how to match ads with feelings going on in my poetry. lol What a world.

6. cardelean profile image88
    cardeleanposted 3 years ago

DS is right Mark.  Often times ads will be based on searches that you personally have made about various things.  I have had ads on FB and other places pop up about Amercian Girl dolls because I recently did a search about them.  It's actually a little scary that your internet searches are being tracked by Google in this way but it is what happens.

the clean lifeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Cara- Thank you and it is so nice hearing from you. I never knew that "G" looks at what we search for and uses those searches for our Blog, hubs or other sites we write on. I'd better be careful of what I search for right LOL

Take care and I miss seeing you on the LTP forum