Read this nonsense I received as a comment if you have time for it,

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Patkay profile image89
    Patkayposted 11 years ago

I have copied it as it is.

helen parker 21 hours ago

my name is Helen Parker, i have been dumped be an arm robbers $658000 when i travel for a business translation in japan, so my life was now enty and no where to run to i was confuse and i wanted to kill my self, because thing where difficult for me and my 3 children i can pay for their fees any more, my first child drop at of University because i have no money to afford the fees, and my husband left me for so many years i don't even no his where about. my brain was turn all side darn because i always think about the money, one day i went for a reach on internet and i saw Elizabeth Whitney testimony that wtloaninvestment@gmail.com gave her loan to start up her life. After reading i explain every thing to Mr Wellity Thomas true tears and sorry and he promise to help me, i did what he ask me to do and he lend me the sum of $145000 to start up a business again. i am happy with my family again thank you wtloaninvestment@gmail.com

1. Alastar Packer profile image70
      Alastar Packerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Patkay thats an obvious scam and not a very good one at that. Aimed at the emotions- just letting you know what kind and helpful people there are at that link. Gee it's a swell place shes saying. Have you every heard of a man with the first name of Wellity?

Patkayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree with you this is 100% scam. But what do they gain out of it?

2. Tealparadise profile image83
    Tealparadiseposted 11 years ago

I'm in Japan now, and let me tell you this situation is very common.  I would say about 3 in 10 women have been dumped be an arm robbers when they were travelling for business translation.  It's a serious issue over here and not something to joke about on forums.  I myself have come close to dumped be an, so I know how it tears a family apart.

Tealparadise, you want to tell me this is not a scam?

1. Tealparadise profile image83
        Tealparadiseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, I'm just kidding haha.  It really doesn't make any sense does it?

2. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What the hell does, "dumped be an arm robbers when they were travelling for business translation" mean?

Cardisa, nothing makes sense, even if if you read it a hundred times.

3. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 11 years ago

I've been wondering what's wrong with my brain since I've been always thinking about the money (the kids and the tuition and the gas prices, etc. etc. etc. etc.).  Now I know that what has been going on with my brain is that it has turned all sides darn.

Helen certainly has a way with words.  She should write a book if she ever gets out of the pickle she's in.  (Oh, and I hope poor Wellity manages to pull himself together.  Things must really be horrible for Helen if even the crusty old Wellity was in tears!)  (and TRUE tears, by the way - not just fake ones)  I don't know....  This is just all so upsetting.  Please excuse me while I go find a bucket for all the true tears that are absolutely flooding out at this point.  I just hope I don't dehydrate from all this.

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My life is totally enty sad

2. lorlie6 profile image73
      lorlie6posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Grand comment, Lisa!  smile

3. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol This is all to seriously funny lol I would also love to meet Elizabeth Whitney. Sounds like a cross between Liz Taylor and Whitney Houston tongue

4. Patkay profile image89

Lol

4. innerspin profile image86
    innerspinposted 11 years ago

What was your hub about?  The comment's weird and a half.

innerspin, you can even imagine. They are not related at all.

5. luisj305 profile image73
    luisj305posted 11 years ago

Wow, who travels with $658,000 on them? Life is good if you've got a suitcase with that much money in it.

You just have to be careful with those be an arm robbers when you travel with anything more than $500,000 dollars. They will dump you till your brain turns all sides darn.

If that happens to much, your skin flips inside out and your eyes begin to snap crackle and pop until true tears come out.

On a serious note, does anyone think this person has been successful at all with this poorly put together scam? I'm sure if someone who understands very little english would read it, the scam would be less obvious. I really hope nobody falls for this though.

1. galleryofgrace profile image71
      galleryofgraceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It;s definitely a scam as we all know and she is so hoping that we will all log in to that investment place to get a loan.

6. lrc7815 profile image82
    lrc7815posted 11 years ago

Not the first time I've seen this but the amazing part is how many stupid people will fall for it and actually send this fool some money.  What a world we live in.  I'd write more but I'm en knead of sum dolars and haf to rite a leder.

7. JLBender profile image71
    JLBenderposted 11 years ago

I can't believe people would actually fall for this. How do you even make sense of the comment. Just a great reminder that everyone needs to be careful online!

8. Zabbella profile image74
    Zabbellaposted 11 years ago

So, it's a scam...but :
    1..Did WT make this up? 
    2..Did Helen Parker get scammed? 
    3..Is Helen the translator for WT??? ( hope not) 
    4..Did WT make up the whole Helen Parker persona???
    5.. Does WT hope foolish, and desperate people will part with their money?
    6...Will someone make a hub about this...( hmmm)

This is definately a scam, for one posting it as a comment on my hub amounts to treason (ooh which other word can I use). Anyway, we will be seing hundreds of scams like these in the technology world we are living in. I think we will soon get used to it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)