jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Are all active hubs now featured?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 3 years ago

I just looked at my account, and all of my published hubs have the "featured" H on them. The only exception is the new pending one I've just added.

Are we now using the "featured" icon instead of the dot we had before to indicate active hubs?  I also noticed that the zzz is missing in the legend. So are we not having idled hubs anymore?  Have I missed an announcement somewhere?

1. 0
      jenuboukaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Look on the latest blog.  It explains it, well kinda.  I am not really sure either, even after reading it.

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
        Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If it isn't featured, it is still idled. At least that is my understanding.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's how I'm reading it too.  If a Hub isn't featured, it will be removed from all the category and topics pages and from your profile, and will have the "no index" tag applied.  So really, nothing has changed except the terminology.  They're just trying to pitch it in a more positive way.

And whether or not a Hub is featured has nothing to do with HubScore or traffic, and everything to do with how it's rated over at Mechanical Turk.

1. Bard of Ely profile image87
            Bard of Elyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am not happy with this system at all with people being paid a pittance to rush through hopping hubs making decisions over our work!

2. Thelma Alberts profile image82
            Thelma Albertsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That´s what I understand, too.

2. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 3 years ago

Bard I have just noticed this and left a query about editing there.