jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Have you Paid it Forward today?

1. 0
    Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago

Paying it Forward gives a stranger an unexpected smile on their face and yours too.  You just lowered their and your blood pressure for a moment and you both relaxed for a moment.  Spread a smile around today and pay it forward.  It doesn't matter if we bought the newspaper for the next person in line or a bus fare.  If we all took the time to pay it forward on a daily basis it would catch on like a forest fire and it would be a happier world.

1. joanveronica profile image92
      joanveronicaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I did, I went to the Remembrance Service at St.John's Anglican Church (Concepcion, Chile) and made a small donation for my Poppy. (Poppy appeal, Royal British Legion)

1. 0
        Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Awsome Joanveronica.  Now when you leave the church and are walking down the street say Hi to a total stranger and watch them smile back.  Smiles are heartwarming

2. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Yes indeed Sarra...  everyone certainly could do this - with anything!  smile

I think I will give someone a Fish today  smile

1. 0

You just put a smile on my face Pearldiver!!!  One so desperately needed.  A fish is a good idea.  I wonder where you got that idea from?  lol. You have a wonderful day!

3. wrenfrost56 profile image81
    wrenfrost56posted 4 years ago

I do try and make the effort to pay it forward everyday. Today I took some time to promote other peoples hubs instead of my own. It feels good to do good and I always feel better when someone makes the effort to make my life easier. smile

1. 0

It does feel good to do good.  Thank you for paying it forward, it's such a simple thing and giving someone a smile is so rewarding.  Can you imagine  how happy the world would be if we all did this on a daily basis?  Wow.  Thank you!!!

4. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

I always catch fish when I go fishing and always make sure that I give some to others... Fresh caught salt water fish is $45 per kilo here, so it is beyond the ability of many to buy... it is a funny gift, I guess but I enjoy and am always successful at fishing... besides, giving someone a net who then needs you to give them lessons, is a total waste of good fishing time!  lol

You take care Sarra... write your novel 50k words by the 30th... no probs smile

1. 0

When I fish (fresh water) I always give some of my fish to the elderly who live in town.  They are so appreciative of it.  I haven't fished in a while however, getting too cold.  I'm way behind on my book too, that will give me something to do tonight.  smile

2. 0

Hey do you need any help fishing?  I can cast a net!  smile  I'm not kidding

5. CASE1WORKER profile image83
    CASE1WORKERposted 4 years ago

Yes, I did. A man was walking through the UnIversity building I was in and could not find the exit. I smiled and took him to the door!!

1. 0

Awsome!!!  I bet he smiled back at you too

1. CASE1WORKER profile image83
        CASE1WORKERposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think he was a bit releived- its an awfully big building!

1. 0

smile

6. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

Here in the UK we are fortunate as we have the weather to complain about. Which means we always have something we can say in conversation to people we do not know when we smile at them.

7. pstraubie48 profile image89
    pstraubie48posted 4 years ago

this is a favorite of mine. It can turn the whole demeanor of someone around. I have seen it happen so many times. It's like RAK...anyone can do ....
    one person at a time we can make a difference in our communities and our country.
    smile

8. tammybarnette profile image61
    tammybarnetteposted 4 years ago

such a beautiful idea, and so easy to do...the youth director of our Church will regularly pay for the car behind him in line at a drive thru window, and as you point out, it can be as simple as a smile smile

working