jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Pop Unders and Coupon DropDown

1. 0
    Bronwyn J Hansenposted 3 years ago

I have had a Hub unpublished because of pop unders - something I had never heard of before. The Hub has previously been published on my old account, which is clearly stated on the Hub.

When I went to see what the problem was, several words had been made into links to pop unders. I removed the links and resubmitted the Hub.

When I log into HP this morning, every page from my feed to this "post a new discussion" form, has a huge banner ad from Coupon DropDown across the top.

Is this a new advertiser on HP, or should I be worried. I do not want to lose my "H" rated Hub if someone decides to fill that with pop unders as well.

Thanks in advance smile

2. 0

EDIT: Have just checked on the Hubs that I have in progress and discovered that not only are there pop under links on certain words in the articles, but also in the title.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It sound like your computer has malware installed that is injecting ads into your web browser.  Many times this is related to a browser plugin/add-on/etc.

3. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

A side note: I have been becoming more and more convinced that Chrome is the most resistant to malware attacks. Just my 2 cents.

4. 0

Thank you guys. Since changing from Chrome to Fire Fox the problem has stopped.