jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Audio in a Hub

1. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 3 years ago

Whenever I open this hub: http://tammyswallow.hubpages.com/hub/25 … n-Offender I hear like this African drum sound, but I can't figure out the source of it. I don't see a video anywhere on the page.

1. Glenn Stok profile image95
      Glenn Stokposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's one of the ads, probably at the very bottom. I ran into that too once in a while. By the way: The ad you're hearing is only for you. Anyone else who looks at this hub will probably get other ads and not notice the sound that you're talking about. As you probably know, ads are based on user interests. Do you have an interest in African drums?

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

@Melbel As Glenn mentioned, it might have been a rogue ad.
      We shouldn't be showing any auto-play audio ads, but sometimes they do end up on the site.

I just checked out that Hub and I am not currently hearing audio when I view it.

More than likely, if it was an ad, people probably won't see it again.
      Please let us know if you see or hear anything else related to potentially weird ads.

3. Shinkicker profile image90
      Shinkickerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yeah those ads do my head in, especially if I'm listening to music on another site like Youtube or Radio streaming

2. Horatio Plot profile image83
    Horatio Plotposted 3 years ago

Glen is not correct I'm afraid, Mel. I also encountered this phenomenon the other day and after much searching discovered a little African fella stuck just under the bottom of my Laptop screen, below the fold. It appears that he had been there several days. He had been travelling with his drum between villages to play at his cousin's wedding when he was attacked by an iPad wielding maniac who whacked him around the ears with a pair of the things, somehow sucking him into a Tron like vitual reality. After some time wandering around the network like a tambourine bashing Keanu Reeves he eventually found his way into my computer. After I got him out I fed him beans on toast and sent him on his way. He was most grateful.
    Good luck with yours.
    P.S. I lured my man out with a sausage on a string. Perhaps you could try the same thing?

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

I have opened up various sites, and not known I have an rouge ad sitting somewhere on my computer, yet don't know it til I close my tabs. Very annoying.