jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

When publishing a Hub

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image82
    LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago

I have come to the realization that since freshly published hubs do not appear to a large portion of possible readers, it is better to not post links to Facebook, Pinterest, Tweeter, Scoop-it, Snip-it, PinCred it or any other social media until the 24 hours of review have elapsed. Why? Because some of these social sites do not allow you to re-post links once you have done it before. Plus since fresh hubs do not show Google Ads until 24 hours later they do not have their greatest money making capacity which seem to be greater when the hub first appears. Doing so seems to be wasting valuable traffic and  earning opportunities.

1. christin53 profile image80
      christin53posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've decided not to promote or link any of my new hubs until they come out of the review period. I don't want to confuse or upset Google any more. I'm trying to stay on it's good side and hope it pays my new hubs a visit once they are out of pending only then will I start promoting to Twitter etc.

LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't think it has anything to do with Google. My point is that since readers will not see ads, thus no earning potential, it does not make any sense to post links anywhere until the hub comes out of review. Once I post a link to Pinterest, Snip-it, PinCred it and Scoop-it  I cannot post the links again. These four sites drive a substantial amount of traffic my way and I want to get the most out of them.

2. lovebuglena profile image92
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

I think sharing your hub link with your friends on FB before the 24hr period is up does you no harm because they are not going to click on any of the Google ads anyway. I have found that a lot of people don't care for Google Ads anyway when they read hubs. They just focus on reading the hub content.

LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago in reply to this

True, although some of my Facebook friends from other states occasionally see ads that interests them thus click on them. I makes more sense to me to do all postings at once and not in parts.

This technique comes from the advertising world where many ads on many sites at once have a much better chance of getting buyers/exposure than one ad in one place on one day.