jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

The most expensive thing in the world and the least appreciated ......

1. ahorseback profile image46
    ahorsebackposted 4 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7356514.jpg
    Is freedom ,Thank you my veteran friends , I'm not sure why but some people just seem to spend thier freedoms  like there's no tomorrow , While on the other end of the spectrum , those who have paid the most for it simply must be shaking thier heads in disbelief !   Today I honor the Veteran !  , If you know one please tell them how much you appreciate what they have done  , I am going to call on my favorite ones  and tell them today !  Will You too ? In spite of our differences in political veiws  , no matter how you feel about wars or freedom . We have a duty an honor and a priveledge  to say thank you for your service ! Will you join me ? This image below i, I find offensive and disgusting !  And yet it seems to be the new norm , I remember when it was illegal and being illegal _ it meant something !

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well said.  And yes, I have made the calls to my veteran friends and children.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

Veterans come from all over the world, not just the US. We are also honouring our veterans in Canada today.

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You know, Susan, that's a good point.  I had no idea that Canada even observed a day honoring vets, not to mention that it was on the same day as ours.  Tell your vets thanks as well.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
        Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

In the UK also.

1. profile image0

You know, I think we're so stuck in our nationalism sometimes that we forget there have been WORLD wars.  A sincere thank you should be offered to any and all men, women, and families who have sacrificed their lives for true freedom and liberty.  So sad that we forget that people are the same all around the globe.

3. paradigmsearch profile image87
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

A very worthy thread.

4. Learning in Life profile image94
    Learning in Lifeposted 4 years ago

I'm a Veteran and an Army wife. This is very much appreciated.

5. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

I think those of us that genuinely care and respect the occasion - honor all veterans and their sacrifices made, irrespective of where in the world we are and live.... so All the best to you and yours on this Remembrance Day....
    Lest We Forget.  smile
    (from an ANZAC)

6. cleaner3 profile image76
    cleaner3posted 4 years ago

thank you to all Veterans who  are responsible for what we call freedom today. The political correctness of our present society has constantly been eroding all that these patriots,  present and past have fought and died for . The American way is under constant attack from those who would seek to bring us down. If not for those who have and  (the younger generations of Americans), who will give a part of their lives (and in some cases their lives) for the  freedoms we currently enjoy. We  salute you.
    God Bless you and your families who support your sacrifices for Our country .  God Bless America .

7. ahorseback profile image46
    ahorsebackposted 4 years ago

I must say , I was only thinking of America , yet Canada , England ,Australia ,  and many other countries have sacrificed in unison !  Here is to them all !  The greatest of humanity !!!!!

1. profile image0

+1

8. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image63
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 4 years ago

I agree with you that veterans must be honored everywhere. Nicely put and we must never take freedom for granted.

working