jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Can you publish content that you have published elsewhere?

1. nightnight profile image85
    nightnightposted 4 years ago

I have a few articles on Helium.com and I cant delete it! But is it possible to just copy the content across here and edit it a bit to make it more of a hub? Or is that against hubpages policy?

Thanks

1. brblog profile image91
      brblogposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have a few hubs that are very similar to articles I wrote else ware. Two, in particular, started out as almost exact copies but with the intent of making some changes. I was careful to make changes throughout, add and subtract some information, use different titles, different images, etc. It seemed to work, all are still featured, including the two that started out as copies. So, it can be done but will still take some work.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Your hubs need to be unique content not available elsewhere online.

3. nightnight profile image85
    nightnightposted 4 years ago

... thanks. I hate helium!

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

Copy your articles. Read them over. Then maybe you can come up with a different idea based on what you have written, maybe expand on the subject, which will give you a new article.

5. Anil and Honey profile image35
    Anil and Honeyposted 4 years ago

Google adsens will take it as seriously not only that hubpage don't receive it.

6. 59
    mcxniftycallsposted 4 years ago

Hubpages will not accept it. even if a paragraph is same then also you will get a duplicate content warning. I had tried before and rejected by HubPages

7. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

You can create new articles from the old ones  by expanding on them, etc.  For example: Topic might be on Affiliate marketing.  Now read what you have written. More than likely writer will talk about how great it is, how to make money with a url to some money making site.  New article by reading the first one, and then write the second article about the negatives of affiliate marketing.

1. nightnight profile image85
      nightnightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I think in this instance I will just have to let it sit and start over!

8. 60
    mastercainposted 4 years ago

You can't have even vague similarities or you will get unpublished.  Don't link to Clickbank or they will unpublish you.  Don't gain the hate of a hub editor or they will unpublish you.

They won't put that clearly in their policy so I will do it for them.

-cain

working