jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Is adding a related to the topic YouTube video will increase your SERP

1. dannycarrey profile image57
    dannycarreyposted 4 years ago

I heard some rumours lately that adding a YT video will increase you SERP, because Google crawlers searches of all types of media related to the topic on the website. Do you think is true?Anyone heard about it?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As Rik mentions, Google looks at how long someone stays on your page.  A video can keep them on your page longer, while they watch it. 

Also, every time you put a Youtube clip on your page, it creates a link on the video at Youtube - a backlink.

2. Zoelle profile image73
      Zoelleposted 4 years ago in reply to this

"Is adding a related to the topic YouTube video will increase your SERP" ?!

Will adding a related YouTube video increase SERP?

There are other things to worry about.

2. Rik Ravado profile image90
    Rik Ravadoposted 4 years ago

I always try to add at least one video because I believe Google favour web pages that use  a range of different types of media.  The other reason for including video, quizes, polls etc. is it keeps people on the page longer.  'Time on page' is another measure than Google appears to use to determine quality.

If readers take one look at your page and leave then it suggests their search has not been successful.  Google will therefore give the page a lower position in the SERPS.

1. dannycarrey profile image57
      dannycarreyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for your answer! now it's clear

working