jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Hubs Pending vs Squidoo WIPs

1. theraggededge profile image93
    theraggededgeposted 4 years ago

I published a lens on Squidoo yesterday and it's still marked as work-in-progress, i.e. not featured. It's received a little internal traffic, but more importantly, someone found it today via a Google search on the actual lens title.

Wondering if HP can implement the same sort of system, where Hubs may not be featured but are still available to find via a search engine?

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Strange - according to Squidoo:

"This red minus sign means your lens is not currently being featured in Squidoo, and is considered a Work-In-Progress (WIP). WIP lenses don't get promoted within Squidoo search results, on profile pages, or to outside search engines."

All my WIP lenses are not in Google....

theraggededgeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Tis weird indeed. I logged out of Google, typed in her exact search term in inverted commas - lens came up on first page of search results.

Though I know that Google 'knows who you are at all times' big_smile

Just checked another one - this is an old one that has sunk back into WIP, the equivalent of Zzzz hubs and that one comes up in Google too. Maybe I should try in a different browser. Yep, it's still there.

1. SimeyC profile image88
            SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Is it a 'cached' version perhaps? Mine slipped into the abyss a long time ago and the cached version has probably gone - it could also be that Google has to 'visit' the lens to get the 'no index' tag too - so you may havea  few days to fix it prior to it disappearing...

Doesn't explain why the new one would be Ok though!

Possibly. Though I do drag it out every now and then. It was edited just a couple of weeks ago.  It just doesn't want to be featured!

working