jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

30 hubs in 30 days challenges - hubs performance?

1. dialogue profile image78
    dialogueposted 4 years ago

I see many hubbers taking 30 days - 30 hubs challenge. Great hubbing friends, but how about those hubs performance after couple of months. Initially traffic from hubpages (hubbers) is definite and how about in the later months.

Those who have accomplished the said (30 days - 30 hubs) challenge so far, please share your hubs performance information. Are they getting good traffic or are they going idle?

Thank you

2. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

It really doesn't matter whether the hub was written as a part of a challenge or not.  What matters is the work that was put into it.

1.  Did you research to make sure that this was a popular enough topic?
    2.  Did you properly optimize the hub for search terms / keywords?
    3.  Did you provide content on the hub that isn't everywhere else on the internet?
    4.  Did you format it so that the readers will want to stay on the page and read it?
    5.  Did you go back and reread your hub to correct errors, grammar etc.
    6.  Did you market your hub?

When I did my 30/30, I had plenty of time to write hubs as I wasn't working at the time.  I did not know enough about writing online, SEO, etc., and but I did manage to write some hubs that did well. I also have several that did not do as well.    When I did my 100/30, the same thing.  At the beginning of the challenge, I wrote some hubs that have done well.  The last week, I was running behind and rushed the hubs through, and none of those did well. If I had to do it again, I would learn how to find and attribute images, and keyword research / SEO before starting any challenges. I would also have established my other social networking sites (Facebook, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, etc.) and know my way around those before starting the challenge.

One theory I had while I was doing the challenges is that Google likes consistency. I'm not sure if is true now, or even if it was true then, but if you write one hub a day, and then stop writing all together, Google is going to get suspicious that you are a spammer.  If you suddenly start writing 3 hubs a day, it will also get suspicious.

I've written several hubs on the topic.  Basically I think that challenges are good, since they let you lose the "is it really good enough to publish" inhibitions, and you get to try topics you may not have considered to be hub worthy.  The key is to be willing to kill them off when you find out that they really weren't hub worthy.

1. dialogue profile image78
      dialogueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply friend. This one i never know,

"One theory I had while I was doing the challenges is that Google likes consistency. I'm not sure if is true now, or even if it was true then, but if you write one hub a day, and then stop writing all together, Google is going to get suspicious that you are a spammer.  If you suddenly start writing 3 hubs a day, it will also get suspicious."

I publish sometimes two or three hubs a day.

3. Daughter Of Maat profile image96
    Daughter Of Maatposted 4 years ago

I actually wrote a hub on this. I noticed a huge jump in my traffic and earnings, and I didn't even complete the challenge. While Millionaire Tips is correct, with the new changes at Google, content is king; however, the act of publishing so frequently also makes a large difference as well, but the content does have to be well researched and well written.

working