jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Topics

1. Cherokee Shaman profile image60
    Cherokee Shamanposted 4 years ago

New hubber just trying to get my first article on hub.  But there are no topics or categories that are give to choose from in the drop down menu that relate to my article all.  It says to pick the one closest, but I haven't found one even close.  My hub will be mostly about childhood memories that are humorous.  Can anyone please help?
    Cherokee Shaman

1. somethgblue profile image90
      somethgblueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Since this is your first hub and we don't know much about you and I assume they are your memories, then the hub will be very 'educational' and since it involves writing then you could put it in that category.

2. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 4 years ago in reply to this

A few possibilities spring to mind: There's an Education category, then a subcategory under that Home Schooling, then another one under that Life Experiences. Also, under Religion there is a subcategory Exploring Religious Options and another one called Life Philosophies. Then there is the Humor category, since you said the memories would be humorous ones.

2. Cherry4 profile image59
    Cherry4posted 4 years ago

Hi and welcome to hubpages
    It depends on the title to your article. If it is similar to what they have you can choose one, you can search or browse and i think there is a choice to add your own as a  subtitle to one that is already there. This is the best i can do to help. If you said childhood memories maybe family and relationships might come up.

1. Cherokee Shaman profile image60
      Cherokee Shamanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I thought the title had to be the name of your article.  I guess I am just totally confused.  Thanks for your help though.

3. Cherokee Shaman profile image60

Thank all of you for posting a reply.  It helped so much.  Now, one more questions.  I was just ready to post my first hub and noticed the question:  Has this been published before?
    Not actually published, but was added to Yahoo as I am a contributor.  Is that consided publishing?
    I certainly hope not as these articles were what I was going to start my hub.  Now I have some that were published in magazines, and yes, that is considered published.
    Any comments and help?
    Thank you in advance.
    Nancy

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Anything posted to the Internet is considered already published by HP, this is my understanding. If it is on Yahoo, I'd think that it is considered published on the Internet. Magazine articles, as far as I know, do not count as published. The issue is whether it is duplicate content, meaning it's already on the Internet; HP doesn't allow duplicate content and Google penalizes it.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

If you have any of these posted on the Interent, whether on blogs, article directories, article submission sites, anywhere, is considered published. Duplicate content is not accepted here.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image59

Books literature and writing, or even family would be good spots for something like that.

6. Cherokee Shaman profile image60

Oh me, this is a personal disaster as I have 20+ stories and articles and poetry posted as a Yahoo contributor.  I guess I'll just have to write more.

7. LindaSmith1 profile image59

You can repost articles already published on experts column.  But you need to check to see if original content only is part of TOS whereever you already have them published.

8. LindaSmith1 profile image59

Write huba about one childhood memory, then another hub on another one, like a holiday memory, one thing that happened or a place you went to during summer vacation.

working