jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How am I doing?

1. getusome50 profile image60
    getusome50posted 7 years ago

Hey hubbers, I just finished and published my first hub, I've got to admit I don't really see the point to all of this. Can anyone give me a little insight to help make this a more productive hub?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I suggest you read page 2 of this free HubPages PDF, as it makes "the point" pretty clear.

3. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Well I have to agree with Relache on this one, however the article needs to be much longer, as we understand the topic but it is so short. I realize you are trying to have people check out the Amazon products but honestly I have only sold a couple of things off of amazon and have been here 14 months. Write articles about your family, lay-offs, projects etc. as this is a place to share ideas, thoughts, poems, family etc. it isn't anything like my space or facebook. I hope this helps you and welcome to HubPages!! Read advice to a new hubber which is mine and it will give you some insight and the best to you, as we are all here for you smile

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! you are going to love the people here. The best way for you to have an idea of how, what, where, etc. Browse the other Hubbers. smile you can use the search box on a topic of interest and a list will pop up...read a few ...get a feel of their writing style, contents of  the Hub... you will then be able to plan out your own style and topic(s). smile you will have fun and enjoy yourself. good luck and I look forward to reading your upcoming hubs. wink

5. LegendaryN8 profile image61
    LegendaryN8posted 7 years ago

Definitely use veteran hubbers as a good example for how to model your hub.

That's what I did (and still do).

Find something you know a lot about, and find a way to communicate its value to others: storytelling and tips seem to do well.

My first experience catching Bass
    5 lures that work best with catching Bass

(Granted I'm no fisher, but I think this would be useful if I were looking to catch some Bass).

My hub scores aren't *fantastic*, but I figure that if you know the subject matter, and can provide something useful for the curious reader, there's benefit to be had.

Good luck and welcome to Hubpages!