jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

When you read your article on someone else's page

1. pstraubie48 profile image89
    pstraubie48posted 3 years ago

I have just read a hub I wrote months ago here on HP ....in someone else's hub. How can that be? It is almost verbatim what I had written. It isn't the same topic covered in a different way. It is almost exactly the same hub but with a different person's name on it..

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Then report it to Hubpages and they will remove the copy if they agree. You can flag the hub.

Which one of yours was copied? Put it here and more people will flag it if they agree with you. The title is fine you don't have to put a link. The odds are if he/she copied your hub he/she might have copied others hubs.

2. The Dirt Farmer profile image98
      The Dirt Farmerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Patricia. Sorry to hear about this. It seems inexplicable! I'd handle the matter quietly and privately by going to the HubPages faq page and hitting the blue "Contact Us" link to report of the problem. One of the boxes you can check there is "content violation." All the best! Jill

2. shiningirisheyes profile image61
    shiningirisheyesposted 3 years ago

Pstraubie - That had to be completely shocking, to say the least.  I agree with Uninvited Writer, I would report it.  I am so sorry this happened to you.

3. rfmoran profile image91
    rfmoranposted 3 years ago

This is as amazing as it is brazen. By all means follow through with HP Management.

1. alexadry profile image92
      alexadryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I had one of my articles from another website I write for copied on hubpages. The ideas were totally the same just in different words. And I know it was copied because it had very specific details I had come up with that were unique and derived from personal experience. Thing is, unless they are copied word by word,  or have obvious  connotations, I don't think there is much you can do to:( but maybe I may be wrong..