jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)

Comment Found in Spam Area...from another Hubber...

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

Folks, what would you think of a comment that reads like this:

"Nice hub you got here. Thanks for the driving tips. It gives me new ideas for my next article. Kudos!"
    (This is the full quote of the comment.)

The person is a Hubber, has been here only 3 months, and has only 4 hubs.

Should I take this as an intention to spin my article?

Not sure why it landed in spam, since it is from a Hubber...

What say you all?

1. Connie Smith profile image91
      Connie Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think you should thank them.  It was most likely just a compliment.  Even if not, as long as none of your material is copied, being an inspiration to others is not a bad thing.

2. lanablackmoor profile image96
      lanablackmoorposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That comment does seem a bit vague and spammy like they just skimmed the article, but I'd be surprised if they actually intended to copy the content. HubPages seems to have pretty good controls on that sort of thing anyway.

3. rajan jolly profile image88
      rajan jollyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Somehow I have also had hubber comments land as spam 4-5 times though they were not worded as such. I too wonder what makes these comments look like spam?

2. tlpoague profile image87
    tlpoagueposted 4 years ago

It sounds like they need to dip a bit more into the imagination pool. Maybe it is the way they worded their comment that landed them in the spam pool. I had one that landed there when a hubber went on a rant about his life. I wasn't sure if I should approve it or toss it. Great question! I am interested to see what others have to say about it.

3. Barbara Kay profile image86
    Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago

I wouldn't worry about it. Your article was written first and their article might be entirely different.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

Thanks very much for your input, folks!  Much appreciated!

5. samsammy profile image60
    samsammyposted 4 years ago

wow

6. LetitiaFT profile image84
    LetitiaFTposted 4 years ago

Sounds like a compliment to me. I've left similar comments when I've found someone's hub has inspired me with another. It doesn't mean he/she will spin yours. If they intended to do that, I doubt very much they'd have told you! I wouldn't worry about it.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

It's possible he/she has posted exactly the same message to a number of hubbers, that would be considered spam.

DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ah--that's a good point, as well... ok, thanks for that info, Uninvited Writer!

8. LetitiaFT profile image84
    LetitiaFTposted 4 years ago via iphone

I've had emails from people as close tome as my dad or husband end up in the spam box, so iit's not surprising an email from HubPages (because ulyimately it's HubPages, not the hubber, who notifies you of a new comment) should end up there.

9. LetitiaFT profile image84
    LetitiaFTposted 4 years ago via iphone

(sorry for the spelling, I'm posting from my phone!)

Good point...(and I forgive the phone spelling...I don't have a smart phone, but I have similar issues trying to work from my "Nook," as I am not used to 1-finger typing!)
      Thanks for the additional point of view.

10. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

Dzy.....I see this as perfectly acceptable.  It is not unusual for one hubber to inspire another with "ideas" for future hubs.  This does not mean they are "stealing" from you, in the least.   The idea he/she came up with may have simply some to mind while reading your hub, but be a completely different type of hub with a different subject.   I think you should take this as a compliment.....!!

OK,, Thanks, fpherj48--
        True enough... I have approved the comment and thanked the commenter.  I just thought is was a tad strange..I've been inspired by others' hubs myself, but usually, I just credit the inspiration to them in a capsule in the hub...  ;-)

11. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

You wrote about travel tips. No go and see how many  travel tip articles there are. Does that mean you copied their articles, No it does not. Something in yours may have triggered an idea.

The article was about safe driving--not travel tips....

working