jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Option to download own hubs

1. dialogue profile image78
    dialogueposted 4 years ago

It will be good if the said option is provided. The hubbers should be able to download one's own hubs.

1. jonmcclusk profile image61
      jonmccluskposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Many Hubbers first wright their hubs within Microsoft Word or another similar program first before posting them on HubPages. This is not to say that your idea is horrible, but perhaps it's not as prominent an issue as other implements.

dialogueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Some writes directly too. So, the said option in that case would be helpful to download and keep the same as backup smile

2. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's called "copy and paste".

3. CrisSp profile image83
      CrisSpposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is a great option, hopefully HP give us this feature in the future. To back up my files, I simply copy them and save them into a folder (for now).

2. wandererh profile image86
    wandererhposted 4 years ago

This would be a feature I would like.  I do prepare hubs with an external editor but, as time passes, updates to a hub goes direct online so that some hubs may become quite different from the original.

3. kathleenkat profile image88
    kathleenkatposted 4 years ago

Could always print the webpage to a PDF. That's what I do, in the absence of such a feature. smile

1. That Grrl profile image78
      That Grrlposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I type and write my Hubs right into HubPages, without a secondary editor. I would like a feature which lets us back up all of our Hubs into one file.

You can back up a whole WordPress blog, comments and all into one xml file, I don't see why HubPages can't give us the same option.

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
        Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like to see this feature too.

2. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is what I do as well. Every hub I have ever published here is copied using the "print" option in Google Chrome.  Instead of sending it to a printer, you have an option to save as a PDF file on your computer. The same as a download.  You get the complete hub and layout as you see it on HP minus the Google ads, Amazon and Ebay capsules and videos..things that contain external links.  Works extremely well as it keeps your format and layout saved should you ever want to rebuild the article elsewhere as I do with all my hubs that continually are idled by HP.

1. That Grrl profile image78
        That Grrlposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ive never fallen in love with PDF files. I'm too used to getting stuck with one of them trying to open and freezing my whole web browser.

I save files and get the double file with images in the folder and the html file in the other. But, it would be nice to just have one file to download. With an xml file you just update the whole file by saving the new file over the old one. It's nice and simple.

4. Peggy W profile image89
    Peggy Wposted 4 years ago

I like that idea!  It would be a great asset to be able to have a backup feature readily available within HP if that is possible.  Then every time a hub is updated it could be saved and the old version replaced.

dialogueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yep! That is right smile

working