jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (21 posts)

How's everyone's organic Q&A traffic doing?

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Amazingly, I'm getting high single-digit traffic daily. I'm starting to contemplate throwing some more questions in there.

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm actually doing far better than I ever expected and beginning to see some Google Adsense income too - I still have to prune some of the 'bad' questions, but am seeing close to 1000 views a month.

paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. You've given me the incentive to maybe toss one new question a day in there. Certainly won't hurt. smile

2. Quilligrapher profile image89
      Quilligrapherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Para.

My Q&A traffic is having an organism. Thanks for asking.cool
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

My huge portfolio of questions (4) have produced 81 views total since inception nearly a year ago.  I don't bother with the Q&A section.

3. paradigmsearch profile image86

Looking for more responses, so as to see how Q&A is dong here in general. Plus, if anyone wants to toss in any advice, tips, etc...

1. janderson99 profile image85
      janderson99posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Some do, some don't, No Quaker oAts for me! Its dung not dong.

4. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

I deleted all of mine except one. The answers I received were of such very low quality that I did not want my name associated with them. I do not intend to put in any more questions.

Give it another shot! I got the best quality answers possible on the question I posted today. smile

If some troll comes along, just delete it. Maybe even copy, paste, and flag into the profile.

1. Gotridame profile image60
        Gotridameposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

You certainly do provide lots of entertainment around here... lol

2. WriteAngled profile image91
        WriteAngledposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It isn't a question of trolls, just people posting scrappy, non-researched answers, with bad grammar and spelling to boot. I do not wish to be associated with such content.

As the moderator, you have total control. Use it! smile

I also have gotten piecemeal answers in the past. I'm totally fine with that.  In fact, I like piecemeal answers! I've even solicited them! And will continue to do so. Every contribution helps! And when all those tidbit answers are aggregated together, they really help the visitor. Goggle recognizes and likes that... Do as SimeyC has suggested and as I have done. I think I've had over 100 questions at one point; I'm now at 36. smile

5. paradigmsearch profile image86

PSA bump.

Looks like QA dead. Note not inquiry, but statement.

6. Abbyfitz profile image84
    Abbyfitzposted 4 years ago via iphone

I'm new. What do you mean by questions and answers?

7. Learning in Life profile image94
    Learning in Lifeposted 4 years ago

I have no organic traffic! None!

8. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

I removed all of my questions just over a month ago.  My organic Hub traffic seems to be doing better since I did that.

9. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 4 years ago

I am in the process of deleting mine.

I'm tired of duplicate content answers and people spamming hubs.

I did have okay traffic, but it plummeted recently. I never got many clicks so it wasn't worth it to play moderator for duplicate content and deal with the "you deleted my answer, didn't you" drama.

10. paradigmsearch profile image86

I got 6 visitors to my "What Are Vorpals?" question just today. I never would have expected that. It's even made the Hot Questions list. Inquiring minds want to know... big_smile

11. paradigmsearch profile image86

I'm thinking of specializing in demented questions going forward. After all, I have a knack for that sort of thing...

12. Page1 SEO tactics profile image78
    Page1 SEO tacticsposted 4 years ago

lol melbel, I haven't had the issue of duplicate answers yet the two years I've been here on a different profile, however I try to combat getting duplicate answers by trying to ask unique questions.

1. melbel profile image93
      melbelposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're lucky. About 1 in 4 answers seems to have been copied from another site. It's not just spam accounts doing it, either. Hubbers who've been here a while and should know better are doing it, too. HP put up a "original content answers only" memo thing, but it doesn't seem to have helped much.

working