jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Blogging Job in Australia - Salary $A150,000 p.a.

1. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 7 years ago

The tourism department in the Australian state of Queensland is offering what's probably the best job in the world.

They want someone to live rent free on hamilton Island on the Great Barrier Reef and feed fish, do some snorkelling, do other touristy stuff on other islands.  All expenses paid.
    And then you have to blog about it.

Pay is $150,000 per year.
    Nice work if you can get it.

There have already been stacks of applications, and this is being mentioned everywhere. As a PR exercise, the Queensland govt will probably get millions of dollars worth of free press and blog coverage. Nice one.

Anyway, if you want to apply for the job, the site is http://www.IslandReefJob.com
    (I can't reach the site at the moment. It's overloaded for some reason :-)
    Applications close 22nd February.

Good Luck.
    (I have it on good authority that the old balding guy near the front of the queue is none other than our Mr. Knowles)

Have a 2009,
    Eric G.

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I bet Lissie is next in the queue!

3. ajcor profile image60
    ajcorposted 7 years ago

what absolutely wonderful work if you can get it!

4. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

Wow I can't believe I forgot to spam this forum with my take on the $100k scam job in Queensland ! I think they probably want someone photogenic which kinda rules out Eric and Mark  Anyway Mark is inelglible cause I'm his travel blogger so he can get off my turf!  LOL

Jeeze their site is still down too - I don't think they get the power of the internet - and sticking it on prime time TV - has on the desire for people to view it LOL

In fact a couple of people who have seen my postings in travel forums have been genuinely interested so go for it guys  - you have to send a vid - so yeah some of you might need to get a stand-in ...