jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Does anyone ever charge a business to do a hub for them?

1. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 3 years ago

Say I was to write a few hubs for some local businesses, including say 5 professional photos with 750-1000 words of text, what would one charge for that?

I have something in mind...

Just wondering if anyone has done this or what they think about this idea?

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'd call it a webpage, as opposed to an article. And then bill them so much per month to maintain it.

1. Dorsi profile image91
        Dorsiposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What a marvelous idea...hmmm.....residual income too - I hadn't thought of that. What to charge for the webpage though?

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
          paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

HP is going to make you constantly jump through hoops to keep it featured...

I'd probably go the blogger route. Also, that way it is a website instead of a webpage. And we all know that websites have higher maintenance fees than webpages... big_smile

2. agvulpes profile image87
      agvulpesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Interesting idea/concept!  You would have to be very careful that it was not flagged as "overly promotional" It might be better to open up a new account on HP for the business so that it would have it's own 'email' and then the owner would have the ability to 'go in' and edit the site as well !

2. spartucusjones profile image92
    spartucusjonesposted 3 years ago

I am not sure about giving you a specific number, and if you do the research online you are going to have a tough time coming up with a specific number. But what you would need to decide is how much you want to make per hour and decide how many hours it takes for you to compose the hub. Based on some research I did in the past the going rate for a good online content writer is between $30-$75 a hour.

When I started doing content writing I was charging a web design company that I got my start with $25 a hour, because I was new at it, and I didn't really consider myself good at it. But in many instance you will charge for the job not by the hour.

Also I sold one of my hubs to a print publication for $100. The publication was a magazine for the Empire Polo Club. The article was on The history of music festivals, and the hub already featured a music festival that was held at this polo club. I had to make some additional revisions to feature another music festival and I had to make additional modification to meet their needs. But these revisions took less than a hour to do. So I was getting paid for work that I already did.

It doesn't hurt to approach the companies with your concept, offering them a price which will meet the hourly expectation that you set for yourself. As already mention you will need to be careful about coming across as overly promotional.

1. Dorsi profile image91
      Dorsiposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you all for the feedback, Since I use to own a small business for over 14 years, I know lots of small business owners. Some are just small mom and pop shops and I thought what a great way for them to get  notcied- to have a hub written about them, telling their story with some nice photos to go with.

I could even write the hub as a review, but only writing for businesses that meet 5 star criteria, that way I'm not writing for any dubious companies or companies I would not frequent, This would protect my credibility... I really think this would be a good way to put my PR and marketing background back to work.

Hmmm...creative wheels are a-turning!