jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)

Two of my hubs are showing no status in the featured column.

1. SarahLynnB profile image60
    SarahLynnBposted 3 years ago

Earlier today, all my hubs contained the "H" icon in the featured column, which means featured. Now two of my hubs have no icon at all, that space is completely empty. Does anyone know why?

2. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

When it is blank, as I understand, it is the same as what it was as Idle or Zzzz. It means they are no longer featured and no longer indexed until you edit them, then they will go pending and might go back to Featured status; you would have to add text or change text, or add links or video or images, etc. to get them featured again.

1. galleryofgrace profile image80
      galleryofgraceposted 3 years ago in reply to this

When a hub is not published it becomes blank.

3. SarahLynnB profile image60
    SarahLynnBposted 3 years ago

Thank you everyone! I edited it a bit, and now its idle. So I will see what happens. I appreciate the help.

4. Abbyfitz profile image84
    Abbyfitzposted 3 years ago

The same thing happened to me. I wrote a hub on Thursday, it got about 30 views. It had the featured H on it. I just checked my hubs and the H was gone. It also has a blue arrow. It was only two days old why are they worried about traffic?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
      mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Apparently 'they' seem to think traffic = quality, even though that is not a fair assumption!

5. TNSabrina profile image60
    TNSabrinaposted 3 years ago

I had read that Hubs go idle, but I wasn't sure how it worked exactly. Thanks for the answer everyone.

6. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
    mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago

The idled hubs used to show a 'Zzz' logo next to them in 'My Account' now they show nothing. This thread proves what others have predicted, and this is that people will naturally be confused if there is not a suitable replacement logo implemented such as a question mark for idled hubs.

1. SmartAndFun profile image91
      SmartAndFunposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I agree it is confusing that there is no icon for idled hubs. To make matters even more confusing, HP keeps changing the icons, terminology, criteria, etc.

7. Abbyfitz profile image84
    Abbyfitzposted 3 years ago

I'm new here, but I thought I have read where hubs have to properly "age" before they start to become profitable. Shouldn't there be a sort of grace period for new hubs? Two days is barely even enough time to let google know my hub was there

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There is, or needs to be, or was etc. etc.

The program is, I believe, having some growing pains.  New software is never perfect, needs tweaked and modified a little, and this is probably some of that.

8. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

We use to have ZZZZ which meant hub was idle. They changed that to either the H for featured hubs or a blank space which means that hub is sitting idle.  The blank space is replacing the ZZZZ's.

9. Anil and Honey profile image39
    Anil and Honeyposted 3 years ago

I had happened the same problem. I made some changes and gave for re-publishing. congratulations for All replays.

10. brakel2 profile image88
    brakel2posted 3 years ago via iphone

Traffic should not affect it so soon. Why don't you post it as a bug?

11. Kinshuk Jhala profile image60
    Kinshuk Jhalaposted 3 years ago

The feature space is empty and I believe my article is one of a kind. Why should I edit as I feel my work is worthy an appreciation despite the policies here on Hub!

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Having a Hub go idle doesn't have anything to do with being "one of a kind," it means HubPages thinks it's not high-quality enough for them to promote to the search engines.  It's still published and you can promote it yourself.

2. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If an article goes against the policies of Hubpages (TOS) then it will likely be un-published or at the very least un-featured.