jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)

twinkies being sold for 1000's of dollars on ebay

1. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Anyone dumb enough to pay that kind of money for Twinkies deserves to be ripped off. Some other company is bound to buy up Hostess' brands/recipes during their bankruptcy proceedings, so the products will be back on store shelves soon.

2. kathyinmn profile image76
    kathyinmnposted 3 years ago

Well I guess some people are going through Twinkie withdrawals ....

If you want them so much you can make your own

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You could buy all the ingredients for Twinkies and hire someone to make you a big batch for less money. I suppose the only ingredient that would be hard to get your hands on is the magic preservative that makes them last for decades.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago

What a waste since another company has already announced they are taking over Twinkie production...

4. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 3 years ago

Did you check this out yourself? There are actually a lot of Twinkies listed on ebay, but only at about 99 cents, and a lot of them don't even have bids. It doesn't look like people are falling for it. That makes me feel better. :-)

1. PickingProfits profile image86
      PickingProfitsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

actually four 10 pack boxes recently sold for $80. (that's near $20 retail) and one single 10 pack box has sold for $25 free shipping. On amazon, prices are slightly lower but much more consistent sellers. People are buying them for collector value as they are the last new, unopened twinkie boxes from hostess. It will be a while still until people can have fresh twinkies after this last batch is done.

5. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 3 years ago

This is totally false, darkspark!

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

You can still get them in stores near me. 

I bet some tosser listed them for a $1000 'but in now' price.  And the media did their usual stellar job of keeping it all in proportion.

1. Victoria Lynn profile image90
      Victoria Lynnposted 3 years ago in reply to this

A bunch of hype. Perhaps we have another troll in our midst stirring things up. Why is it that so many people with brand new HP accounts start postings in the forums?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
        gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

?????????   Totally agree!

7. PickingProfits profile image86
    PickingProfitsposted 3 years ago

And...I am now selling 10 pack drake's (hostess) coffee cake boxes for $15 + shipping on amazon. (bought 11 for $2.50 each) They are flying out the door. Go get some if you want to make some quick and easy cash!

8. kalmid profile image61
    kalmidposted 3 years ago

Boy, won't they feel like idiots when the new company takes over.

9. Ktrina123 profile image59
    Ktrina123posted 3 years ago

WOW that's all i can say lol

10. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago

That's great.  People can't find jobs, are having trouble feeding their families, are being evicted, losing homes to foreclosure, and can't get medical care, but they can afford to pay $25 for a flippin' box of Twinkies.

And we wonder why the politicians WE put in office have screwed up priorities?????