jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Information on statsie.com

1. Melovy profile image97
    Melovyposted 3 years ago

If you are familiar with statsie.com, I'd love to hear what you think of the site. Like many other hubbers I currently have traffic issues, and according to statsie.com "melovy.hubpages.com has too many outer links. Our advice to melovy.hubpages.com webmasters is to decrease number of this urls."

Almost all the outbound links it cites are nofollow and to people on HubPages. Several of the people I have supposedly linked to I haven't even heard of before. Yet I have often added links to sites such as government statistics or help pages, and none of them is listed.

Anyone know how reliable statsie is?

2. Gordon Hamilton profile image97
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 3 years ago

Have never actually heard of it before but I have just gone to it and on its home page it is displaying top stats for "this week", 17 September to 24 September 2012.

Think that tells me all I need to know, I'm afraid... sad

1. Melovy profile image97
      Melovyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Gordon. I take it that means don't pay them too much attention?

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image97
        Gordon Hamiltonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's what first glance says to me, Melovy. If they are truly a site that is on the ball with SEO and traffic issues, why are they displaying "weekly" stats that are two months out of date?

3. Sinea Pies profile image85
    Sinea Piesposted 3 years ago

I have not heard of statsie.com but this is very interesting. I am always looking for ways to improve my traffic. Certainly want to change anything that takes away from SE recognition. Would love to know more about it!

4. CWanamaker profile image92
    CWanamakerposted 3 years ago

I put my domain into Statsie and the results didn't seem to be accurate to me.

1. Sapper profile image73
      Sapperposted 3 years ago in reply to this

They aren't. But not only that, it gives no useful information whatsoever. I had "too many outbound links" also, with 3. That site is garbage.

5. Melovy profile image97
    Melovyposted 3 years ago

Thanks Sapper and CWanamaker. The stats didn't make sense to me, which is why I asked. Seems strange to create a site like that.

6. tillsontitan profile image89
    tillsontitanposted 3 years ago

While I certainly bow to the answer given by Sapper, CWanamaker and Gordon, I just  had to add, there are so many people out there who have nothing better to do than skip around the Internet causing trouble and making false statements...you have to be very careful who you trust.  Thank God for places like the HP forum where you can get HONEST answers!

7. ShopTeez profile image60
    ShopTeezposted 3 years ago

I agree with Sapper - I just happened upon it and I get this message on my most popular  website:
    We removed xxxxx.com for violations! For more information contact us! and NO way to contact them.. I also get too many outbound links.. it's crap.. without a doubt, not updated at all properly..

8. Writer Fox profile image81
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

Google Webmaster Tools will show you most of your backlinks for your subdomain.  You can also check the data base on ahrefs.com.  NoFollow links to your subdomain Profile or to individual Hubs have no effect so long as you do have some good Followed links.  You should at least have good Followed links from the Topic pages on HP. Links from Facebook are NoFollow.

Google likes a webpage with Followed outbound links so long as the links are to pages relevant to the content and to excellent webpages.