jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

After Jr. High, did some people just keep that mentality?

1. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 3 years ago

In lieu of recent forum threads.....Um,  those who play bounce back and forth with petty squabbles.   People taking there toys and going home in a huff.  Um....calling each other liars.  You said, she said!@!!!   I did not.......
    Yes you did!!   

No I didn't, you criminal!  $#%^&*

Makes me chuckle and shake my head in wonder. 

Oh, to answer the thread question: YES.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This is a good subject for a hub.   Do you mind if I use this topic to write a hub?    Yes, there are some people who just love contentiousness and drama.     They want to believe that they are the only ones correct regarding the issue at hand.    They refuse to see that the other person has just as valid an opinion as theirs.

2. Zabbella profile image77
    Zabbellaposted 3 years ago

I agree, some still have the Jr high mentality.  I used to go to other forums and became aware that some folks enjoy egging others.  This is especially true of the religious forums.  I stayed away and just get  into the games  and keep it light. Y'know,  like a kid in grade school...a lot safer. wink

3. kathleenkat profile image90
    kathleenkatposted 3 years ago

I think its a human mentality to get defensive over stuff you believe in. Or whatever. I think it's very basic instinct to compete with others, or 'egg them on.' I watch my cats do it to eachother all the time.

Some people learn to control their urges, others do not, I guess.