jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Instead of pending have pending only if don't meet certain criteria

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 3 years ago

This is somewhat like the previous "trusted authors" feature suggestion by janderson99.

The pending is very off-putting for me. If there was a "trusted authors" set, I know I'd be on it, as I work diligently on my hubs, and they tend to be received well by those who read them.

I don't know what your data is all about, but I'm assuming data is being gathered to make profiles that are somewhat like the "trusted authors" suggestion. Why can't you simplify that? If an author has no hubs that have been scored substandard, has an average hub score of whatever number or has a hubber score of a certain number, wouldn't that work as well? HP is alienating good authors with this pending business.

Sorry to say that I'm one of them. I'm writing a new article now, and will be posting to Squidoo for the first time. I don't like the idea that HP causes a delay in Google crawling my article by automatically assuming my work is bad until it's proven good. I've already written enough articles that have proven themselves for this to be happening.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 3 years ago

Average hub score wont work because it's too easily manipulated.  I could raise the score of my hubs by several points just by changing the title.  Hubber score won't work either because in many cases it has nothing to do with how good of a writer a hubber is or how good their work is.

3. grand old lady profile image88
    grand old ladyposted 3 years ago

I love the Hub community. But when questions like these are raised, it would be good for the benefit of all if an admin would explain why things are the way they are, and why they have this pending thing. I have a few questions of my own and don't know how to get answers. But I intend to keep writing with Hub because of the community it has here.

4. grand old lady profile image88
    grand old ladyposted 3 years ago

I personally have a story that is pending, and I don't know why. It never took so long. It is a product review, and the contest is asking for product reviews so I don't know why there is a delay. I can only think maybe it has to do with the Thanksgiving Holiday and people are getting ready to be with their families. Otherwise, I would really like to know why. I did the product review specifically as requested by the contest. Why? oh Why? wwwwwhyyyy?

5. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 3 years ago

I removed articles and got a jump in traffic tongue topics in environment, business, health and I get traffic, weird indeed lol I still have a lot of 'idled' hubs to move though tongue also in the same categories but they have been idled and just no point keeping them here. Find them a new home where I don't have to worry about getting turned off or on tongue lol I already have enough work with other blogs, projects and now this? no, it's annoying. I'll leave a few but, this is ridiculous.