jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Am I doing this right? Noobie here and would appreciate feedback

1. Eric Vu Tran profile image59
    Eric Vu Tranposted 3 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Just started the blogging thing.  I'd appreciate any feedback.  thanks!

1. janshares profile image85
      jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hello and welcome to hubpages. I would suggest the same as GA Anderson and look at how to use the tools to make your hubs. I read your first hub; use the capsules and sub headings to break up your text. You will see what I'm referring to. Good luck and enjoy hubbing here.

2. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 3 years ago in reply to this

First thing you need to understand is this is NOT a blogging platform. smile  If you want to blog, you should probably do it at Blogger or Wordpress.

With that being said, your first hub is definitely on the right track.  A couple nitpicks:

* You can't use HTML tags in the hub. You used the STRONG tag in a couple places. Don't.
      * Don't use contractions, like BJJ. I know you're referring to "Brazilian Jujuitsu" as you mentioned it before, but will the reader figure that out?
      * Your aim for the hub is somewhat unclear. You start with "stuff that applies to martial arts", then at the end you went off and describe/linked OODA loop. So are you supposed to concentrate on the lessons / tricks, or the OODA loop? The reader will be confused.
      Start with an objective, STICK WITH THE OBJECTIVE, END with the Objective.

1. Junaid Ghani profile image78
        Junaid Ghaniposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What is the exact difference between BLOG and HUB. Kindly clarify me about this.

1. johndnathan profile image88
          johndnathanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

A blog is a personal or professional journal that you update frequently.

A hub is a professionally-written article.  It can be a news article, a how-to, a recipe, or a work of fiction worthy of being published in a book.

Basically you should write it as though it's coming from a professional to the masses; clean, concise, and factual.

1. Sapper profile image73
            Sapperposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's incorrect. There are 2 differences between blogs and article directory's. First, article directory's usually limit methods you can earn money. As an example, here you can't use clickbank, or pretty much any affiliate marketing other than Ebay and Amazon. Second, article directory's start out with a higher PR, where a blog will start at PR0. Other than that, they are 100% the same.

You are confusing a blog with facebook. Write a blog about what you had for lunch and see how much traffic you get.

1. johndnathan profile image88
              johndnathanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you are correct.  My answer for blog did seem a bit too much like describing Facebook.

Funny thing is there are people who write blogs about what they had for lunch.  They're food critics, professional chefs, and gastroscientists.

1. Sapper profile image73
                Sapperposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Lol, yes, but I think there may be a few more people who care what they had versus what me or you had.

2. GA Anderson profile image86
    GA Andersonposted 3 years ago

Greetings and welcome Eric,

You should start here:

You will see that HP is not for blogging - but you can write to your hearts content.