jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

An Apology to HP (probably) concerning 'Pending'

1. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 4 years ago

A little while ago. I was still complaining bitterly about 'pending' knocking a page back for weeks in the SERPs.

The most recent Hub that I published (not on this account but on another, very small, sub-domain) received over 150 views in the first 24 hours after emerging from 'pending', mostly from Google.

So maybe the issue is fixed.

If it is, I am delighted to apologize for the false accusation.

That obscure little secondary sub-domain got nearly a thousand views in total yesterday, and if the Panda keeps away should help give me a good Xmas.

2. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

Congratulations. What is the hub about? You must have done a great job!

1. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, but if I told you it wouldn't be long before it was copied by someone or other!

Any page with a hundred views a day or more is nice to have but even better is the belief that 'pending' is not going to ruin a page.

Some of the pages that I published after HP said they had fixed the problem were still slow to get indexed and it was killing my enthusiasm. This has revived it.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad all is well. My hubs have also been indexed pretty quickly these days.

2. brakel2 profile image86
        brakel2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry you won't share, but I understand your reluctance due to all the copying that goes on. I just love to read good hubs and applaud the writer. Anyway, I hope you are right about the indexing improvement. I ping my new hubs. Good luck in all  your endeavors.

3. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 4 years ago

My traffic is very good at present on all my sub-domains, roughly what it was before the big slide started at the beginning of the year.

There is at least one Panda refresh due before Xmas, however, already announced by Google, according to Search Engine Land http://searchengineland.com/no-that-was … ng-140151.

If I survive that, I will count this a good year on HP, despite all the many problems.

working