jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

1. sassychic profile image61
    sassychicposted 7 years ago

Hey fellow hubbanaders!
    Guess what If you have read my bio / profile
    I am an incoming freshmen at the University of South Dakota!
    I have auditioned for scholarships through there music program and am pleased to announce that I have been awarded scholarships from the Music Department and for Marching Band. I also have accumulated money from various other scholarships! So I am offically going to USD FULL RIDE!

YEY ME! (insert a clap)

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations! I receently did Hubs on areas in South Dakota, including info on your university, so I am very happy for you - high quality school, indeed!

2. tonks21 profile image60
    tonks21posted 7 years ago

Congratulations! Not many people are that blessed. Have fun in college!

3. riotgrrrl profile image87
    riotgrrrlposted 7 years ago

that sounds fab, have an awesome time at college hun

4. sassychic profile image61

Thank you!
    I was so excited!
    I came home from school my mom was standing in the living room with something in her hand.
    Plus she was on the phone with someone I couldnt tell who though, then the person on the line said "is she here?" then I realised it was my dad, (he's overseas for work in India for a mmonth) I gave my mom a "what's up look". She said we have something to tell you!

I didnt know what the heck she was talking about I said "What?" She said congratulations!
    You are going to USD full ride! We dont have to pay for your tuition at all! My mom had tears in her eyes.

We have been in a tight financial situation since this summer because of my dog being sick since and treatments she needed were xtremely expensive and we wanted to do what we could for her.

My dog is in "remisson" now and she is going to be annouced "cured" from her illness on her birthday tomorrow!

5. 0
    C. C. Riterposted 7 years ago

clap clap clap clap for sassychic! way to go girl. I wish more young people would go to.

6. sassychic profile image61

thank you!

I wasnt ever expecting anything like this! I thought I was Damn lucky to get into college and that all the work I did researching ALL ON MY OWN FOR COLLEGES paid off! Im so happy all that work was simply me and only me. Nothing from my rents. Plus to get a scholarship not to mention FULL RIDE, Im flabbergasted!