Are HP Subs are Getting More Independent?

1. janderson99 profile image86
    janderson99posted 3 years ago

I have noticed recent signs that the performance of subs on HP is getting more independent. Evidence of this are the wider range of performance reports - some up, some down. In the past my traffic used to virtually be a mirror image of the Quantcast data - but not any more apart from the general weekend cycle. Anyone noticing this? What is the reason?

Also There are signs that HP and Squidoo tap the same market (similar peaks and troughs) but are affected by different long terms trends. Will the HP subs be an advantage in the long run?

We all live in a yellow submarines,
    yellow submarines, yellow submarines.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't think this is new at all.   The discrepancy between sub-domains was evident right from their introduction:  some Hubbers' sub-domains soared immediately, some sank without trace, some bumped along without any improvement on their pre-Panda traffic.   

People coming to the forums to complain about loss of traffic has been happening at every Panda and Penguin update since - and there's always a handful of people who report the opposite happened to them.  I can't recall if you were around when I wrote a Hub inviting people to share their experiences, to see if we could discover any kind of pattern.  We couldn't. 

The stated goal of introducing the sub-domains was to make them separate, so good sub-domains would be quarantined from poor quality ones. 

My traffic has never reflected the Quantcast data and I'm sure there are many other Hubbers who would say the same.

2. janderson99 profile image86
    janderson99posted 3 years ago

Ah! sorry about extra 'are' (whoops!)