jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Question about earnings

1. magnifique100 profile image60
    magnifique100posted 3 years ago

Does a hubber have to earn a certain amount of money in order to be paid?  If so, how do they get paid?  Do they pay through PayPal, snail mail, or other venues?

1. Sapper profile image73
      Sapperposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Minimum is $50, and you get paid through PayPal.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago in reply to this
  2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

Payout has to be no less than $50.  Paid through Pay Pal. Go to learning center for all details.

1. djdaniel150 profile image61
      djdaniel150posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I bet people spend months trying to make $50 on here. ROFL!

1. Greekgeek profile image97
        Greekgeekposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't stick around if it took months and months. I was rather irked when the Panda 20 update took a big enough chunk of my traffic to drop my October earnings below the payout threshold, but now traffic has rebounded and I'm back to once a month payouts.

Which still aren't great, but should cover my electric bill for the year.

1. wtaylorjr2001 profile image80
          wtaylorjr2001posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I can't wait till I get 200 hubs and 100 000 views. And a Hubberscore in the upper 90s.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you are so down on Hubpages as a source of real earnings it is strange you write hubs about how to do just that?

3. 0
    Janhornerposted 3 years ago

It is indeed $50, and it will take some time to make that kind of money; but just think how much experience you will be getting by writing your hubs, and all the fabulous people you will meet on hubpages.

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
    mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago

I never made anything for the first year or so, but now I make payout without any problem. All that said I make a whole lot less than I used to because Google updates seem to constantly knock my views here downwards (in the good old days some months back now I used to get over 10,000 views a day, which equated to $25 or so, sadly now we have little chance of getting anything close consistently).

1. Dorsi profile image90
      Dorsiposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yeah me too Misty. I guess that was "the good old days", huh? I used to get 5,000 views a day but am now down to 500-700 a day. I do hit payout every month too but it sure was nice getting those 600 and 700 dollar months in the "old days".