jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why So Many Questions?

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

New members post so many of the same questions, apparently without even doing the first step. Lesson One: No, you do not increase earnings by posting on the Forum, Status, or asking questions. Find all you need from here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents
    If you are confused with an answer at the learning center, then post a question,

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

I think it is human nature to ask someone who knows instead of looking it up yourself.  It saves them time, and especially since they are new, they don't really know how to get around the site to look things up.  Just this weekend, my brother and sister and I were complaining about people asking us questions when they could easily look up the answers.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

Some people might find the Forums and Q&A section on this site before they find the learning center.  And for many people who are new to writing online, some topics in the learning center may not make sense until they learn a few things through the community here. How can you look up information about SEO if you've never heard of it?

I learned so much from other members when I first joined, and I am happy to share whatever information I have that can help others. Questions from newcomers give us an opportunity to help people avoid mistakes we may have made and to make new friends on the site, so it really doesn't bother me when the 'same' questions get asked over and over.

For the new person asking the question, it's not repetitious, it's uncharted turf.

4. somethgblue profile image90
    somethgblueposted 3 years ago

I always go to the Help Pages first and try to figure it out on my own, however sometimes the directions aren't thorough enough and so I will ask a question. For instance, I have been on Hub Pages for 14 months but never bothered to learn Referral Tracking, what a dummy, it was so easy!

But the directions on the Help Page didn't help me so I asked a question and got the answer I was looking for almost instantly from a fellow writer, so you see Help Pages works but not all the time and sometimes you just need help from other writers.

The one thing that has improved my traffic the most is being willing to learn from other writers, after all they 'know' the problems we run into.

On the other hand some of the questions just beg for a sarcastic answer however being a smart ass is one of my weaknesses that I'm trying to correct (still a work in progress)!