You need organic traffic to your Hubs!

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (71 posts)
  1. djdaniel150 profile image59
    djdaniel150posted 11 years ago

Here's something for you guys to consider, and I am simply reiterating a comment I made on another post. You need organic traffic to your Hubs! Why? If you are using adsense, or any other monetization method on Hubpages, you will not, I repeat, you will NOT get credit for clicks on your ads from any publishers on this site! Google automatically discounts any clicks from publishers on the same domain. If you click another authors ad, the author gets no credit, How do I know this? Google's adsense program wasn't born yesterday, they log IP addresses, so it doesn't matter if you are logged into hubpages or not, your clicks here never count for anything. If you have 400 page impressions a day, how many of those impressions are from organic search, or external traffic ( like say facebook or twitter, etc). If I clicked your ad, this would be considered an invalid click, and no credit given whatsoever. So, the majority of traffic from Hubpages itself has very little value when it comes to revenue.

1. AlexK2009 profile image83
      AlexK2009posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Does Google consider that all HP pages are in the same domain?
      And what if I used an anonymiser and clicked on a Hub?

2. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 11 years ago

I understand that organic traffic has always been important for Adsense here in the past. However they changed things with the intro. of the HubPages ads. and now most of the ads on show on our HubPages articles are not Adsense.

The HubPages ads. are monetized in a different way to Adsense and to be honest I am cannot tell if HubPages internal traffic gets counted in with those visits for Hubpages ad.payments or not.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It does.  I've had a hub a couple of times that shoots sky high in traffic for a day or two with nearly all of it coming from within HP.  HPads indicates increased visits those days, with CPM remaining about normal - resultant is increased income.

1. 2uesday profile image66
        2uesdayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is good to know, thank you.

Amazon accepts (and pays commission) from fellow hubbers as well, and I'm thinking eBay does too.

Hp cautions not to click ads of other hubbers - if you have followed a link from your hub to theirs it is possible that adsense will pick it up as a click on your own hub (if it is then carrying your code, which can happen).  This would seem to mean that adsense clicks from other hubbers will result in income to you. 

I know that I was bemoaning the lack of clicks once in the forums and a newbie promptly said they would run over to my subdomain and give me some clicks, whereupon those clicks appeared and I was paid for them.  I told Adsense what had happened (fraudulent clicks like that are highly against their TOS and will lose you your account) but they never said anything and I got paid.  In spite of the OP's claim to the contrary, there is little doubt in MY mind that ad clicks by hubbers, whether on Amazon, eBay, HPads or adsense ads, will earn income.

djdaniel150posted 11 years agoin reply to this

It does happen. Google actually asks that publishers not contact them for invalid clicks and not to worry about it. Seriously. You're definitely right about ebay and Amazon though. They should give you credit for those transactions. But thats just it, you don't really get paid unless someone follows through with a transaction from Amazon or ebay. Those ads are not "cost per click", they are affiliate ads, meaning, if no one buys anything, you don't get paid. From my understanding, Amazon does in some instances give a "cost per mille" (cost per one thousand page impressions), but its so miniscule it doesn't matter. Its a few penny's.

That is incorrect.  Amazon pays commission on shipments (not orders), but eBay pays by the click.  They have some esoteric method they won't divulge of deciding how much a click pays, but the pay is absolutely per click and not per purchase or even per bid. 

Haven't heard of Amazon paying per view, and have never seen it, but it could be a very minor part of their compensation.

Ebays clicks are worthless, like amazons. Adsense is real cash! Cost per click is guaranteed money. I cold have a care in the world less if anybody buys anything from the ads they click on my sites, I get paid no matter what. Ebay is pennys like amazon. But Ebay is the same as Amazon in the sense that, its still affiliate marketing really. No buyer = no money, and a few pennys for a click. Adsense can payout upwards of $20+ for one click. Adsense is an auction based advertising platform. Advetisers pay depending on both the current bid and the quality of their ad. I think they now have "Smart Pricing" which also reflects the cost per click as well. Either way, I wouldn't let affiliate ads take up valuable space on my website for a few penny's for every 1,000 page impressions. I don't know about you guys, but I work to hard to just hand out free advertising space. On Hubpages affiliate marketing with Amazon is probably not a bad idea. I've seen people state they are getting revenue from it. If somebody does buy something they can get paid a good commission. But on a private site, I wouldn't bother.

1. Isabel Melville profile image76
                  Isabel Melvilleposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I see that you really don't know very much about affiliate marketing!

I'm not an expert myself, but I've made thousands of dollars in affiliate commissions from Amazon. And before Hubads came into being, used to make thousands with Adsense too.

All in, Amazon pays way more.

Please stop treating us all as idiots.

Many hubbers that have been here a while have learned a huge amount about how the web works from the real experts that used to post here. Some of them still do, and we have immense respect for them.

I never claimed that Amazon didn't pay more, when did I state that? I just don't care for it. I get cash for every click on my sites, and its not a few penny's for every one thousand impressions, thats all Amazon will pay at most. Amazon pays you only if someone actually buys something, so you are wrong. Unless you are counting the 4 cents they might pay out a month to a publisher. When did I call you an idiot? Now your putting words in my mouth? If you read, I actually stated that Amazon ads are probably good for articles on hubpages and its authors. Again, you are putting words in my mouth. What I stated was, that I don't like the idea of affiliate ads taking up space on my website, I didn't say what you should do with yours. Maybe you should read before you respond. I have no doubt Amazon pays more, but that is only if you people are buying! And from what I've heard many hubber's do better with Amazon. I just prefer to know what I'm getting before using up my space, thats all.

2. djdaniel150 profile image59

Please stop putting words in my mouth Isabel!

3. aa lite profile image84
                    aa liteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1 You tell him Izzy.

I really can't figure djdaniel out, he comes here, makes out that he is some kind of a major internet guru, and starts off posts that are either stating the bleeding obvious, like the one here, or that are simply wrong.

Not sure what the point of all of this is.  Either you are hoping to eventually make money of hubbers once you've convinced them of your guru-worthiness, or you just like having ppl worship you as some kind of an expert.  Really it will take a lot more to impress me then "hey you need organic traffic".

2. wilderness profile image94

Agree that, for me anyway, eBay is nearly worthless; I'm lucky to earn 50 cents per day.  Amazon not so; I nearly always earn $50+ per month.  Other, more experienced hubbers, state that eBay is for large traffic subdomains only, but it can be very much worthwhile for those hubbers getting thousands of views per day that are heavily laced with eBay capsules.

On HP, an Amazon or eBay capsule takes no advertising space that adsense would occupy, but private sites are indeed another matter.  I DO know hubbers, however, that made a fair living just from Amazon before the legal furor over what was a "physical presence" shut them down.  It depends on how a hub is written and the target audience.  If you (successfully) target an audience that is ready to buy, interested in a particular product and sees an Amazon ad for that product it can pay far more than any adsense click.  Don't think I've ever seen an adsense click for more than $5 in my chosen niche, but Amazon commissions for double and triple that are common.

Funny I never got any revenue from Amazon. Must have doen something wrong.

The adsense clicks though, unlike Amazon, are guaranteed! If someone clicks on an adsense ad, you get paid no matter what. But with Amazon, you don't make any money unless someone buys something. Either way, I think too many people rely on Hubpages solely for revenue. You really need your own domain in order to really make money online. Also, you have the whole "revenue sharing" issue as well. You have to share your earnings with Hubpages. I don't have to share my earnings with anyone. There are a lot of ads that hit the $5 or $10 mark. You can figure out what the current bid for a set of keywords is by reviewing current bids in your adwords account. Google is transparent here! They literally tell you what the bid is! Then you can create content tailored to those keywords. I noticed that IT related keywords, in fact, almost any keywords related to anything with computers is fairly high. Do you really need $5 a click though? I'm happy with making a little over a dollar per click honestly. 100 clicks a day = about $120 a day. I see people here who are great authors, have lots of content, yet they claim they make about $50.00 a month? That's not good. If you have your own site, you can easily make $100.00 everyday, as long as your content is tailored to particular subject, and you can "tie all your content, headings <h1>, <h2>, etc, meta tags, titles, etc, together. I make several hundred dollars a month from one website that I have completely neglected for the last 4 years. The owner of the site insists I deserve the pay as it drives his business. He even bought me this $500 laptop and footed the $900.00 repair bill on my car, and pays most of my bills for it. I didn't realize how much business he was getting from his site either. His phone rings off the hook 7 days a week, and the whole website consists of only 4 pages, thats it. I get thousands annually from it, probably more than $10,000 so far this year, yet I don't do anything. Like I said, I think people are putting their eggs all in one basket is the real issue. In some situations Amazon may pay more, or adsense may pay more, it all depends, but both can also pay nothing. The 4 page website gets over a 1,000 hits a month, and the site has virtually no content. Its just a brief overview about my clients service that provides piano and voice lessons. Have you guys considered making a website with Google sites? Its free! You can make a fairly large site and I think you get up to 5GB of storage. I'm gonna use it myself maybe. I've always coded my own sites, but I might consider Google sites to to see how it works. Do you guys have an adwords account with Google? They show the current bids for keywords! Only thing to consider here, if you do go for building your own website, focus on one particular topic or area only! Google doesn't like it when people have say, an article about how to make your favorite pudding, and an article about pure bread horses on the same site. They won't give you traffic. They give traffic to sites that are an "authority" in subject matter. My current site is all IT related, this helps me to establish myself as an "authority" in this field, and Google likes that.

Wrong wilderness. Google decides which clicks are valid, not hubpages! Hubpages has no control over which clicks are considered valid at all! Yes internal traffic that came from an external source is counted! But if you have an account on here, and you are an author here, and you monetize from adsense here, your clicks don't count. If you were to click ads on this site and you are an author who is monetizing on your hubs with adsense, you are committing fraud, and breaking Google's adsense publisher Guidelines. I do not personally monetize from this site, I am simply an author who writes for free, so its possible that my clicks on your ads would be considered valid. Google requires every adsense publisher to have an adsense account, and they do retain your information, including your IP address. Your name and contact information is available to both Google and Hubpages alike. Also, Google automatically discounts any clicks from social bookmarking sites as well. And I have heard from numerous people that they were banned for creating links to their adsense published sites for using sites like reddit, digg, or stumbleupon. I think its over kill, but they make the rules. In fact Google states in the adsense program guidelines that they prefer publishers to receive organic traffic to their content, and they aren't kidding either. I doubt Google will ban people from the program for having a link here or there from social bookmarking sites, but they are discounted entirely. Create a link from reddit, get clicks on your ads, you won't get paid for those clicks. Google calls these "invalid clicks."

I'm sorry - you have misunderstood what I was trying to say.  While HP will decide who gets paid (HP or you) from clicks on your hub, only google decides IF there is a payment at all for adsense ads.  When I mentioned internal traffic it was from hubs of the day, which generate large amount of traffic from hubbers - search engines take almost no notice of such an award (only in that there is another internal link from within HP).  That income showed up on HPads, of which adsense plays a large part. 

I know that adsense will pay for clicks from fellow hubbers on my ads because I've experienced it, from the noobie mentioned that thought she was being kind and helping me out.  I have also found no indication from google that I cannot click ads carrying a different adsense code than mine, although HP cautions strongly against clicking other hubs because those hubs can carry my code in some cases and that would definitely be fraud.  Understood is that simply visiting and clicking ads IS fraud, clicking an ad on another writers hub in a sincere desire to investigate is not.

You will find that a great many (most, I would say) hubbers use sites such as reddit and digg for backlinks (I use RedGage myself which is monetized with adsense) and I've never heard of anyone losing their adsense account for it.  Possible, I suppose, but I've never heard of it happening, and don't understand why google would care unless it found click fraud from a group clicking their associate's ads in a consistent basis and in a return agreement.  I know that these backlinks are picked up by analytics and shown when they happen, so google knows about them, just never complains.

To summarize:  Hp decides who gets paid, google decides if there is a payment at all.  I've received payment for clicks from another hubber.  I find nothing in google TOS indicating that I commit fraud by clicking anothers work with the desire to check out the advertiser, but if it is with a reciprocal arrangement to earn money without any interest in the advertiser it is most definitely fraud.  Many hubbers routinely add backlinks to each of their hubs from several social bookmarking sites without trouble, and have been doing it for years.

Anyone can visit the site and click your ads, but Google is not going to credit you guys for just clicking each others ads. If that were the case, we would all be making thousands of dollars a day from adsense like mashable does. If I clicked your ads, you probably would get credit, but I don't collect any revenue from this site at all, so I have no financial interest involved. If you have adsense ads on a domain, and you click an adsense ad somewhere else on the same domain, I guarantee you, you will not credited for it. Thats the same as clicking your ads, because both publishers ads are on the same domain, regardless of the fact that each hub author has their own subdomain. Its still hubpages.com that all ads appear on. Technically speaking, I can click any ad I wish on hubpages!

1. SimeyC profile image88
              SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages are very explicit with his and tell us NOT to click on any ads of other users. Not only will it not count, but potentially with constant clicking it can endanger your AdSense account.

I agree with Simey!  Google has been known to ban accounts for having high amounts of "invalid clicks."

1. SimeyC profile image88
                  SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What is strange is that Amazon don't have a problem with this - it's perfectly OK to click an Amazon ad - I guess as they only pay on a sale then it doesn't matter. It annoys me though - I've seen plenty of ads I would click if I had gone to a different site - but don't want to jeopardize my AdSense account by clicking on them here.

Yeah, the amazon ads are affiliate ads, not pay per click. Amazon does state they pay something as "cost per mille" (thousand impressions) in some cases. I see no reason why you guys couldn't click on Amazon ads from hubpages.

2. AlexK2009 profile image83

Really, so you are claiming "Create a link from reddit, get clicks on your ads, you won't get paid for those clicks. Google calls these "invalid clicks."

Which sounds to me like Google is cheating content providers. Probably legally, but stil cheating them.

That is if what you are saying is correct.

I agree Alex. I think its overkill. Google's webmaster forums are awash with complaints about people stating that they set up ads on their domain and created a link to one of their articles, then the next morning their adsense account was closed! I'm not going to bother to find out. But because of IP addresses, I would make a sure bet that Google can tell who placed those links, whether it was the publisher or someone else. They do state to publishers to use organic traffic, so people shouldn't be surprised if they get banned. If you aren't placing them yourselves, I wouldn't worry so much. One guy was complaining on webmaster forums last week how he used stumbleupon and got banned. I reason, if people like my articles that much, they can post the links themselves, I will leave myself out of it. That way I don't have to worry about Google linking my IP to the poster of a links IP upon those social bookmarking domains. I can't claim whether or not that is what they will actually do either, this is simply what the publishers have been claiming. Who knows?

3. djdaniel150 profile image59

Once again you guys, clicking adsense ads on hubpages, is against Google's adsense program guidelines if you have adsense ads on your hubs. This is the same as clicking your own ads. All ads on hub pages are considered to be on the same domain!

4. Xenonlit profile image60
            Xenonlitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There needs to be a class action suit to force Google to

1. pay for ads that are on the site and not withhold pay if they don't get paid and

2. disclose what they have been hiding and tell in clear language what people will get paid. Where else does business get done in such a crooked way?

They can't disclose what people will get paid before an ad is clicked, because adsense is actually an auction. The cost per click is actually different depending on the ad and what keywords advertisers are bidding for. I see your point though. They aren't very transparent. Yeah, the advertisers bid against each other.

2. wilderness profile image94

What they hiding that you want to see?  Just the amount you will be paid for every ad?  I suppose they could put a little notice on each and every ad that wins the auction for your hub how much it would be, but that seems pretty worthless - what will you do with that information?

1. Sapper profile image65
                Sapperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Even that isn't possible. They don't place an ad on your page and it's there forever. Every single person that looks at it will more than likely see a different ad.

For example, if I'm searching Google for new pistons for my car, then look at your hub, no matter what your hub is about Google will show me ads for pistons, or other car parts.

You are 100% right. Google uses cookies to tailor ads based on a users interest whenever possible. Ads also change frequently, such as when reloading a page. Google also uses localized ads if the owner of the domain requests it in their adsense account. I always use localized ads because it offers more opportunities to get paid.

3. PurvisBobbi44 profile image91
    PurvisBobbi44posted 11 years ago

djdaniel150,

Thanks for telling us about Reddit, Stumpleupon and Digg---I have been told since I began writing on HP these were places one should add their Hub Links for more traffic. I will never use them again.

I am thinking about putting up a website for Affiliate Marketing---could you tell me what site host is the best to use. I am not a computer geek---I learn with my experience. Thanks for any help.

Bobbi Purvis
    PurvisBobbi 44

Hey Bobbi, yeah, I have heard alot of bad things from publishers when it comes to those social bookmarking sites, that's why I stay away from them as well. I guess Google has their reasons. Site hosts? I've had my nightmares with these! Stay away from greengeeks.com, they are beyond deceptive. They were the ones who actually hacked one of my sites! I traced it back to them, but did not tell them, I just wanted out! I reported them to the FTC. So what host is good? Godaddy.com! They are the best hands down! I'm a web and graphic designer, not a server guru myself, and they always have an answer to every problem. They also have templates you can use to build a website with. I think one of those templates is called "website tonight." You should give them a call and speak to one of their hosting specialists. They are wonderful really. They have 24 hour a day support! they are always there, right on the other end of the line when you need them. I've called them at 2am before and got help with issues. They also have one of the most secure hosting networks in the world. Their networks are heavily guarded from spammers and hackers. I've been with them now for over 4 years, and I cannot think of one thing to complain about. In fact, I recommended them in articles on my largest domain at pctechauthority. I am going to try and write a hub on how some simple ways for you guys to create your own sites for your own content. You guys deserve this anyway. I've been on here for a little over a month, and hands down, you guys are phenomenal with your writing. I haven't seen anything like this place anywhere else. Definitely some real talent here. You guys should have the option to branch out and get more recognition for your work. I will do some research to determine what is easiest for you guys to work with as far as creating a simple site, and then I will write the full tutorials on pctechauthority since I know they will monstrously long. Godaddy is affordable as well. I pay about maybe $6.00 a month I think for most of my sites. Its worth it. This will get you shared hosting which is fine. If you ever need more advanced hosting services they can help you with process. I do pay $175.00 a month for a dedicated server for my largest site. But for most sites, including most of mine, the cost is almost non existent. Just go to godaddy.com and take a look at their options for hosting and creating a website. They have a contact number posted right on the front page, and they are open all night! You can call them tonight if you like and atleast get some information. Just take your time so you don't get confused. I've been dong this for years and it confuses me sometimes. I've never used godaddys templates because I code my sites myself, but I know they have many options.

A couple thoughts on the huge wall of text.

First, social bookmarking sites are only bad if you are building a site around AdSense, which nobody should be doing anymore. If you are building a site to get an ad from a specific keyword, traffic from those sites will destroy your ads. For actual affiliate marketing, they are great. Sure, you'll have a higher bounce rate, but even one sale a month from traffic gained from one is worth it, especially if you don't pay for those links.

Second, GoDaddy is good, I use them for 2 of my sites, but I honestly like HostGator much better, especially if you just use WordPress to create the site. I will say that GoDaddy's email is quite a bit easier to setup, but even with HostGator's cheapest option you have unlimited sub-domains that you can setup as domains. I could be wrong, mostly because I didn't look for it, but I'm pretty sure you can't do that with GoDaddy, or at least not with their cheap hosting.

2. aa lite profile image84

I actually have sites hosted with GoDaddy, they are ok but really not that great.  The absolutely blatant in your face up selling at every step actually doesn't make them that easy to use.  Every time you press the 'help button' or to find something you're flooded with something else they want you to buy, it is quite hard to just find the pages that let you do things.  I wish I had gone with hostgator now, probably would have been cheaper too.

I expect your are going to start throwing your go daddy affiliate link around any minute now, which is why you're giving them such an excellent recommendation. 

Although I notice you haven't actually tried to make any money of ppl here.  That is quite clever I guess, pretend to give lots of free advice, and when ppl are convinced you are a helpful expert, start converting to money.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
          mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree re-Go Daddy, they have a terrible reputation and I have had many very well respected Internet marketers tell me to steer well clear of them for absolutely anything. By far the best host to use is 'Hostgator' and everyone I know that uses them don't have a bad word to say about their service and highly recommend them.  Even buying a domain name through Go Daddy is hard work. If you buy it straight away they try to sell you all sorts of stuff you don't want, and if you search for a domain name, but decide not to buy immediately and then go back to buy the same domain name at a later date you find the price has been bumped up by a considerable amount. Don't touch them is my advice to anyone, use Hostagator for hosting, and buy domain names through a site like 'Namecheap'.

4. PurvisBobbi44 profile image91

djdaniel159,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me advice. I will check this out---as I would like to have a great site that people will enjoy visiting.

I have cut and pasted you information and I will print it out for my use. This has been a blessing to find someone who knows what we need to be aware---what is good and bad.

I will certainly visit your site at  pctechauthority. Thanks so much. Have a great Holiday.

Bobbi Purvis
    PurvisBobbi44

Your welcome Bobbi! If you ever need any help with your website/design process, feel free to check out the forums from my website. The link to my site is in my hub profile, and the link to the forums is on the front page of the site. I'm not sure if I can post a link directly here so I didn't. But the forum has a web design discussion section so that we can help help others with their design issues, etc. Also, my site is filled with web design and SEO tutorials, although I think the SEO tutorials will be the most help to you. My hubs are SEO based as well, and I made them for you guys. Take care smile

1. aa lite profile image84

I have actually visited your pcauthority site, when you first started posting tons of 'helpful' advice that didn't seem to make any sense.

The site is quite new, some parts of it are still under construction.  Now I know Alexa is hugely inaccurate, but I don't think it is completely wrong.  Your site has an alexa rank of 10 million! I guess you're not really getting any traffic there. 

Which is funny, if I wanted to establish myself as an SEO authority I would use a slightly more successful site.  As far as I can tell, your site will not actively hurt people who go there, still I suspect despite your college degree, and your years as an IT specialist, you actually don't know very much about making money online.

The site just went up a little over a month ago. Sites don't get a high rank and tons of traffic the moment they hit the internet. It takes 3 to 5 months at a minimum to get decent traffic to a website. Its exactly what you just stated it is, "quite new!" The alexa traffic rank? Alexa isnt providing any info yet other than general traffic and links. Notice they have no other data, why? Because the site is NEW! I know nothing about making money? How would you know how much money I have? If it makes you feel any better I didn't work for most of the last decade! How do you think I found the time to learn everything I know. Maybe you shouldn't be so negative towards others. Yeah, I know nothing, I just coded that entire website out myself. I don't need a program or a content management system to do it for me. You make too many assumptions. Go write a hub and quit attacking people

I wish you would quit harassing me aalite. This discussion was great until you got here and started attacking me for no reason. If you don't like me so much, then why are bothering me? Please stop.

5. PurvisBobbi44 profile image91

Sapper,

Thanks so much for your input---and I appreciate you sharing your experience and knowledge and I am taking note of all I have read here.

You guys are great to take the time to share with others.

Have a great week and a wonderful holiday.

Bobbi Purvis
    PurvisBobbi44

6. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 11 years ago

I'm so confused smile

With all of "aalites" hateful speech, I bet everyone is confused. We had a great discussion until she showed.

Yeah, I come on here to help you guys, and I guess some people don't appreciate it. I will just ignore them from now on. There's no room in my life for hateful people.

aalite talks all this garbage about my new websites listing in alexa at 10 million, yet as far as Alexa is concerned her site does not even exist.

? What site did u look for dear?  I'll save you the bother of looking, it exists it ranks at about 4 million, it is around 7 months old.

Just out of curiosity, you aren't trying to brag with that, are you?

No 4 million is really low! People who I would say are successful have them in the 100-200k.  In fact alexa will not produce any data over time for sites that are >100k, they don't think they are significant.

So no, no bragging involved, honestly.  Just stating a fact since dj seemed curious.

Although if u see djdaniel's comments below, he actually seems to think that 4 million is good: "Your rank is 4 million right? But you made less than $50.00 in September? How does that work?" which suggests to me that he doesn't know how alexa works, again suggesting that he doesn't really know very much about earning money online.

The point is I don't go on forums treating all hubbers like they are ignorant children, giving "expert" advice on how to earn online, claiming bizarre things like you need to code your own site to succeed, that long summaries are killing this site and insulting well established hubbers (ilke djdaniels did here:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/106401). 

I am not saying I can get a lot of traffic to my site, but I think I know enough that I can tell bs when I see it.   Since I am not going around telling people how they are getting it wrong, how HubPages is terrible, and giving some quite strange advice I don't think I need to show that I have successful sites that earn money.  I think djdaniel does, especially since he's made some strange statements about SEO and insulted people who disagreed with him.

You are a waste of perfectly good oxygen. Blah blah blah. I know, you just regurgitate dog food every time you speak.

Strange statements about SEO? You nothing about IT anything. pathetic. By the way, your website and all your hubs are garbage. There, how do like that? Like it when people sit here and talk trash about you? Then zip it up.

Calm down dear, you are becoming quite incoherent with rage.  "You nothing about IT anything." etc.

redundant-scientist.com, and according to Alexa, they have no data at all for this domain whatsoever. So quit talking trash about other peoples stuff. Alexa shows 4 links to my site, and none to yours. Your site is 7 months old, mine is less than 2, and Alexa shows "no data" at all for yours. You trash talk on here about me not knowing how to make money online, I saw the stats you put up for your earnings. I doubt you have any room to talk. I get paid more than that a day to play my xbox. Ranks at 4 million? According to who? Not Alexa thats for sure. Besides that, you have hardly any content on your site at all. I have close to 300 pages on mine, and I built my site myself, and created all the content myself. I also have plenty of funding for my site, thousands actually, including this brand new laptop I'm typing on right now. Your rank is 4 million right? But you made less than $50.00 in September? How does that work?  Honestly, if you want to make money, try being nice to people and not trash talking everyone, hating the world will get you no where fast! Its not worth it. I didn't get where I am today by treating people like crap. Its obvious by your earnings that you aren't exactly earning friends on here or on your website for that matter. If you spent more time listening and learning from others instead of trashing everyone, maybe you could make money online. I come here to help you guys, and this is how you treat people? Pathetic. I'm glad there are people on here who appreciate my help. Oh, and what's the deal with you accusing me of "throwing my godaddy affiliate link around?" Or "pretending to give lots of free advice?" I do not monetize from godaddy in anyway, or this site for that matter. I bet I make more money doing absolutely nothing than you make a month at your job scrubbing toilets at motel 6, Anita! Blow me! Or should I call you "aa lite".

Charming!

And so sad to see that great internet gurus, who make thousands doing absolutely nothing, don't know how to use Alexa http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/redundant-scientist.com

Anyway, I think its time we stopped comparing our pathetic alexa rankings, this is getting embarrassing.  And I have a long shift of toilet scrubbing (King's cross station, we don't have motel6 in London, get your facts right next time you insult somebody).  Enjoy making thousands with your xbox!

If you don't like it then just stop and I will do the same. You came and messaged me today with all kinds of garbage, not the other way around. don't pick a fight if you don't want one.

I didn't message you, I commented on forum posts.  This is what forums are about so people can comment when they disagree with somebody.  Although most of the time one would hope the discussion doesn't descend to the level of

"You are a waste of perfectly good oxygen. Blah blah blah. I know, you just regurgitate dog food every time you speak.".

There's a difference between disagreeing with somebody and talking trash to somebody. I stated nothing to you today, and the post you made to the forum was negatively directed towards me. I asked you stop earlier, but you kept on for hours. You asked me to calm down and I did, so you should do the same as well. And that should be the end of it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)