jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Ad Problems

1. moonlake profile image89
    moonlakeposted 4 years ago

Has anyone had problems with ads on their profile? I was trying to get into my activity on my profile and there was a big ad over the top of activity. I tried to click it off but it wouldn't work all I ended up doing was clicking onto the ad. I never click my own ads but it was hard to avoid it with this ad.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That sounds like malware not any advertising that is actually on Hubpages. What antivirus do you use?

2. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image59
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 4 years ago

Nope first time I hear of this but thanks for the warning.

moonlakeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The ad is gone now.

3. Xenonlit profile image59
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

I am finding crazy stuff going on all over the web, even at sites that have been fairly stable.

4. Marina Lazarevic profile image86
    Marina Lazarevicposted 4 years ago

You may have a virus. We are not running any ad campaigns that cover up the content. And just one ad should be running (in the fixed location) on the Profile page. Try and grab a screenshot if you see it again!

I will do that if I see it again.

2. moonlake profile image89

The ad came on my Profile again and covered my activity. Here it is.
      http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7451819_f248.jpg

I should have snapped a larger view but I had to hurry sometimes they go off fast and sometimes they don't just hang on the page.

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image86
        Marina Lazarevicposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for grabbing that screenshot!

The likelihood that this ad is being served by an ad network is low. Both the appearance and pop-up nature suggest that it is coming from outside of HubPages.

Do you have any toolbars, plugins, or browser extensions that you can uninstall? Some ad providers load ads on sites via software applications, but this all happens outside of HubPages. The best way to tell is to use a different browser for a week or so, or to uninstall any suspicious toolbars / plugins from the browser you currently use.

It is also possible that you have a virus and that this is malware of some sort. Have you tried running an antivirus scan?

working