jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

RESOLVED: Problem with new hub what the heck is going on?

1. Xenonlit profile image61
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

I keep getting an impossible message

"Please put a web address for the hub" My url is already there! I tried to copy and paste it into a pink window that came up and the error message said

"Do not put forward slashes in the URL." You don't have a URL without forward slashes.

What is going on?

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The url is generally auto-generated from the title.  If you choose to change it omit the http:// as this is automatically added by the form and will end up being duplicated.

2. Xenonlit profile image61

That doesn't help. I've never had such a message before! The URL is already there and I don't change it, but the error message comes up. This has not happened before.

Again, when I copy and paste the existing URL into a pink window that comes up, a second error message says to take out the forward slashes! That is impossible!

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Two thoughts: smile

1. Do ctrl+ and look really close for spaces instead of dashes; and all the other no-no's.

2. Sometimes applications just get too tangled up in themselves. Back all the way out and start anew.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

Since when did we put address for hub.  All we do is the title, tags, etc.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You are right, the URL is auto-generated. But one can still go in and alter it, either accidently or on purpose.

4. Xenonlit profile image61

Thanks, folks. The problem was temporary, thankfully. It's working now but it was strange. I wondered if anyone else was getting the problem.

My hub URL that first appeared was not a complete URL. Before the problem resolved, I got this message:

"The HubTool
    Simplified Version   
    Create A Hub

Please fix these errors before continuing:

Please use only letters, numbers, underscores and dashes in the web address for your Hub."

Crazy, huh?

Closed to reply

working