I am very serious here. What kind of business runs this kind of excuse

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 11 years ago

HubPages Earnings Program Update: Ad Program earnings for November 20 are still pending. We will have the data updated shortly. Thanks for your patience!

That is posted on the 26th. Now what kind of starving artist/writer can survive with that kind of payout accounting.

1. lady rain profile image93
      lady rainposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Seriously, that doesn't bother me at all because I get payout at the end of the month tongue

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

They are waiting for Adsense and/or Ebay to report.

3. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I think that has been resolved and they just forgot to take down the sign. lol

1. mattforte profile image89
        mattforteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not necessarily. Often times the message is up but my earnings have been updated, while my girlfriend's earnings have not.

That said...if you are a "starving artist/writer" relying on when HubPages is going to report your earnings..then gtfo. I currently relocated, and looking for work..struggling with bills until I find a new job. I could give a rat's ass when the earnings are updated. My paycheck will come when it comes. Don't talk down on their business practices just because the system doesn't cater to your obsessive compulsive checking of the stats page.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
          paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Interesting! I wonder what the differentiation is. If you compare your accounts, maybe you can tell? smile

2. galleryofgrace profile image71
          galleryofgraceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

FYI- it's not obsessive compulsive! It's at the top of the page whenever you open your account! You stand corrected.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Payout isn't affected by the delays. They always arrive on the same day of the month regardless.

Ericdierkerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Let me be succinct, please.  Excuses for bad management is all I have heard.
      That is cool. But if they cannot manage my little tiny account how do you trust them to manage important ones of deal with google?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

They are managing it just fine.  How many content sites, or online businesses at all, work in perfect real time--even when the people paying them don't.  That would be kind of impossible.

2. mattforte profile image89

"ones of deal with google." is all I hear.

Don't criticize a writing website if your grammar doesn't even make sense.

3. christopheranton profile image63
    christopherantonposted 11 years ago

Eric is right. If someone goes to the trouble of writing an article, then posting it on a site in order to earn some revenue, that person is entitled to see regular and reliable updates on his level of earnings.
    Repeated excuses just don't "cut the mustard".

1. mattforte profile image89

x2.
      This has nothing to do with management. If EPC has not yet been reported, then they can not give you an amount.

ALSO - this has nothing to do with "excuses" and everything to do with useless daily reports. Give me one reason a person should REQUIRE an exact daily amount? This is one of the stupidest gripes I've ever heard on this site. If you don't like it...go somewhere else.

Which brings me to...

4. Healthy Pursuits profile image79
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years ago

HubPages can't control payouts from Amazon and ebay. I don't find it a problem which 24 hours they update my stats as long as I receive the payout when I should. So far, that hasn't been a problem.

5. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 11 years ago

It does not bother me as I have seen it before and know that it will get sorted in time.

What the others said really plus in the past it has been pointed out that if they publish numbers and then they go down people complain.

I am picture myself as a tiny pebble on a beach with lots of other pebbles, the bigger the beach the more pebbles they have to count.

6. mattforte profile image89
    mattforteposted 11 years ago

On second thought. I have a solution.

I think HubPages, to resolve this issue...should do away with the estimated earnings entirely. Don't tell us how much we've earned until the entire month is finalized. That won't change my earnings one bit...BUT it will completely eliminate this case of whining and griping.
    Of course, you will have to find something else to cry about, but then at least we will know you simply need something to criticize HP for.

Or you will go create a website and write a blog on your own, since you seem to know so much about how the system does/should work.

Thanks Matt for your interesting answers.

7. GoodLady profile image90
    GoodLadyposted 11 years ago

Try living in Italy!  Sometimes you don't get paid at all.  Sometimes you have to take a reduction.  Sometimes your company goes bankrupt.  Freelance work is paid after 90 days very often.
    Waiting a few days for payment seems a luxury!

I was truly not caring so much about the delay, as much as the notice. I think Matt probably hit the nail on the head, they should do away with the notice. Or they could move it to a insignificant spot. Otherwise I might obsess over it. By the way I have never received a single penny from HP.

1. SmartAndFun profile image94
        SmartAndFunposted 11 years agoin reply to this

With 123 hubs, not a penny? That is surprising to me. I see you have only been here 6 months, though. It does take time to build up momentum. Are you here for the money or just for fun? (I think many of us are here for both.) If you're here mainly for the money, there are strategies you can employ to help you get more views, more ad clicks and more Amazon sales.

I agree, with 123 hubs and average performance you should be closing in on a monthly payment.

2. psycheskinner profile image83

Because this data is sometimes delayed or adjusted you don't want to see it.  Well, honestly, for you the solution would be to not look at it.

I do want to see it because the 90% of the time it is accurate and on time  is helpful to me.

8. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 11 years ago

Not a penny? That doesn't make sense. If your hubs are being read, you should be getting paid for impressions through HubPages, regardless of how Google or Amazon or eBay are doing.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
      DrMark1961posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually I think that is the point--he has a lot of hubs and they are not being read. Instead of worrying about fifteen or twenty cents, I would be on a forum shouting "why is no one reading my hubs? what is wrong?"

1. Victoria Lynn profile image88
        Victoria Lynnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Exactly!

2. Ericdierker profile image45

Victoria and Dr.Mark excellent point. But I do not do shouting very well ;-)

I am ready to move into a phase to increase my traffic. I think I will ask your question.

9. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

Why are some of you quibbling?   It's like digging for suspicious darts to blow at Hubpages staff.
    It just seems ridiculous to give so much attention to something so trivial.

Compared to some threads on this forum this one is positively profound.

1. SmartAndFun profile image94

I agree with this statement, also! LOL!  lol

2. SmartAndFun profile image94

I agree.

3. Ericdierker profile image45

So sorry for quibbling but I sure have learned a lot. Perhaps the only dumb question is the one we did not ask.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)