jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

how does an idled Hub affect others linked to it.

1. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 3 years ago

I have an idled Hub that is the sixth Hub in a series of five on the same subject.  I have "awakened" it for now, but if it remains idled, how will that effect the other five if someone seaches for and finds one of the others and clicks on that link?
    I have a temporary "bandaid" on the Hub, but you know how that is.......

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Seems to me that linking to a noindex page should not be a bad thing. But who the heck knows these days...?

3. rfmoran profile image92
    rfmoranposted 3 years ago

The links live on with traffic that comes from other sources such as social networks.

4. vocalcoach profile image95
    vocalcoachposted 3 years ago

I don't think it affects the links.  But since they are idle, the links most likely aren't picking up traffic.  But don't quote me as I get more confused as time goes on:)

1. mary615 profile image93
      mary615posted 3 years ago in reply to this

The other five Hubs are getting decent traffic, just this last one of the series never got much traffic.  I can see why it was idled although I thought it was a good, informative Hub.  Google just never liked it!    I'm just concerned about the other five.  I sure don't want to delete this Hub.  If the other five Hubs are not in danger, I'll just leave it alone, I guess.