jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Revenue without an Adsense account?

1. Heather Tripp profile image81
    Heather Trippposted 4 years ago

I'm sure somewhere someone has already asked this, but....

What happens if you don't have an Adsense account? Can you still earn from Hubpages through their ad program?

I'm only asking, because the other day I was thinking, what if I lost my Adsense account... Not that I think I will, I stay within their TOS, but my thing is, if I am using only the sites that use Adsense, and Google decides it really does hate me, then I will have to start all over on a site that goes by views. I was just wondering if I would lose all my work here, or if HubPages was one of the sites that could be used without Adsense. Hopefully, that makes sense.

I just want to protect myself somewhat and make sure that if any site I use goes under, I never have to start fresh all over again...

Thanks!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you don't stay within the Adsense TOS, you will lose your account.  Period.  And you must have an Adsense account to also participate in the HP ad program.  Once you lose the account on HP, you lose it everywhere, so pay attention to what you're doing here, it's important!

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As others have said, if you don't have Adsense then you can't earn from the HP Ads program either, so you'd be stuffed! 

This is something that worries everyone.  Most rev share sites rely on Adsense, and while they may offer other streams (like Amazon, Chitika, eBay, AllPosters) they're usually chickenfeed compared to Adsense unless you're one of those people who can write for Amazon. 

That's one reason why I diversified into my own blogs.  On those I can use affiliate networks like ShareASale, Affiliate Future, Linkshare etc, or an aggregator like Skimlinks or Viglinks.  That way, if I get dumped by one, I still have the others.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Currently, the only revenue source without an active AdSense account, is the Amazon Affiliate program.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/crea … te-account
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#hep-requirements

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

You can have only one Adsense account. If you were to lose it, you would lose the ability to earn from the Hub pages earnings program, as well as the adsense here on hub pages. You would, then, only be able to earn from any sales from your affiliate link with Amazon and eBay.

1. Heather Tripp profile image81
      Heather Trippposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's what I thought. I use Adsense for almost everything. And if I were to lose my Adsense account, I'd have to start all over again with sites that don't use Adsense.

3. adee007 profile image60
    adee007posted 4 years ago

hey i am just confused if i did apply for adsense and its active do i still need a paypal account to receive my earnings?

1. By Lori profile image60
      By Loriposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Off the top of my head I can't remember, but their info should be available somewhere, like where you signed at adsense to start with I think -  look there.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93

You don't need a Paypal account to receive your Adsense earnings.  If you sign up for the HP Ads program too, then you iwill need a Paypal account for that.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You need a paypal account for the HEP and the HEP is required for most revenue sources on HubPages.
      You can find more info here:
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#hep-requirements

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

No Adsense account, regardless of reason, means NO HUB PAGES EARNINGS PROGRAM MONEY.

SALES from Amazon, Ebay is all that is left.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93

Not even eBay, you can't use your own account in the eBay capsules now - it's part of the HP Earnings program

working