jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Mary Neal's HubPages Concerns

1. SmartAndFun profile image90
    SmartAndFunposted 3 years ago

Hi Mary,

It is likely this is happening because those 11 missing hubs have been put on idle. Several weeks after HP started idling hubs that don't get lots of traffic, they changed our profiles so that we may decide whether or not to have idled hubs shown on our profiles. The default is that they do not show up. If you like, you can change your profile so that they do show up. Here's a forum post about it:

Hope that helps.

1. Mary Neal profile image60
      Mary Nealposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks\. Why does my list say 23 photographs and only 11 show?

2. jenniferrpovey profile image92
    jenniferrpoveyposted 3 years ago

Well, I assume she's going by the Glam Social Ning logo that's now appearing in the bottom right corner of all pages.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

Paradigmsearch: Look at the bottom of the HP page to the right:  and you see it. Ning Glam Social.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

To me that's always meant that we just have an advertising relationship with them. Why can't I find a single website or news announcement anywhere substantiating this supposed purchase?

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

@Mary Neal: I'm still waiting for an answer. Where did you read that HP was bought by Ning Glam Social?

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

1) The other hubs have been idled for low traffic and lack of fresh content.  This has nothing to do with cyber-stalking at all.

2) HubPages is not owned by Glam Social/Ning. They just use some of their software support.

3) Photos from idled hubs are not shown.

4) If you want to show idled hubs in your profile, go into your account and change this setting.

5) Trying reading up in the help area of the forums before jumping to conclusions.