I Finally reached 200,000

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)
  1. fastfreta profile image76
    fastfretaposted 11 years ago

And I've "only" been here 3 years. LOL! Why oh why did it take so long. At this rate, it'll take me another  12 years to get to a million. roll On a serious note, how long did it take you to make 200,000?  With a little advice maybe I'll reach my next 200,000 before 3 years. smile

1. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Your calculations doesn't work that way. The longer you are here and the more your hubs age, the more traffic they garner. So, recalculate and remember when you reached your first 10,000 and the your first 100,000 and you may realize that your first 100,000 was longer than reaching 200,000. So maybe you will reach 1,000,000 five times faster.

I reached 100,000 when I was 15 months here. I deleted over 100 hubs and my views along with them as I redid my account to reflect only evergreen keyword rich content. Those deleted hubs amount to about 50,000+ views or there about so I probably would have surpassed 200,000 by now. I am currently 150,000+ at 22 months.
      Congrats and good luck!

fastfretaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Cardisa, not being a mathematician myself, I was just really using an example, lol I hope your math and reasoning are correct, and I do reach it quicker.

2. Jamie Brock profile image90
      Jamie Brockposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congrats! That is awesome smile

3. Jamie Brock profile image90
      Jamie Brockposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't feel bad..I think you are doing pretty good!  I just reached 100,000 and I've been here over 2 years now.

That's about when I reached my first hundred thousand.

2. Nicole Winter profile image60
    Nicole Winterposted 11 years ago

I don't think I've reached 200K myself, yet, so I can't really give you any advice... (other than write more than I do,) but congratulations!  That is a huge milestone indeed!

3. nina64 profile image69
    nina64posted 11 years ago

Congratulations on reaching the 200,000 mark. Keep up the good work.

4. CASE1WORKER profile image60
    CASE1WORKERposted 11 years ago

I still have a few months to reach my 200,000 milestone- I do wish they gave the accolades out for every 100,000. Well done anyway- lets hope the rest comes quicker.

5. fastfreta profile image76
    fastfretaposted 11 years ago

Thanks guys, but I'd love to do better, faster. lol

6. ecoggins profile image90
    ecogginsposted 11 years ago

Congratulations! I pray that the next 200,000 comes in half the time. That has been my experience.

Thanks ecoggins, that's very encouraging.

7. pstraubie48 profile image81
    pstraubie48posted 11 years ago

Congratulations...that is so cool.

8. bizwin profile image64
    bizwinposted 11 years ago

Congrats fastfreta, you will surely reach the 200,000 than you expect. I'm currently above 186,000 and I just clock one year few days ago.

9. seyoni profile image59
    seyoniposted 11 years ago

Congrats.  YOu are doing a great job.  Great luck to you and continue hubbing.  Gotta step up with game - with consistency we can make it.

10. profile image49
    LOPEZJIMMY22posted 11 years ago

yu made 200k off hubpages

No, not money, I wish.  That's views from visitors.

1. the girls profile image70
        the girlsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! Wishing your number of views will be translated to same money equivalent at a later date..... Why not? :-)

11. profile image0
    summerberrieposted 11 years ago

Congrats!

12. ologsinquito profile image83
    ologsinquitoposted 11 years ago

Congratulations and best of luck to you.

13. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

Congratulations,  I am extremely happy for you.   I have reached 100,000 views in 2 years time.    Hope you reach a million views!

My hope is that after my appearance on the Today Show on Wednesday that I'll get many more views, we'll see.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)