jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Suggestion about having a fixed share button or optional share capsule

1. stricktlydating profile image86
    stricktlydatingposted 3 years ago

We used to have a fixed share button near the comments/ratings section of the Hub which seemed to be removed with the new layout.  I have Hubs that have been shared over 1000 times each on Facebook (Without me sharing them there myself) but there seems to be a sharp decline in my Hubs being shared since the new layout was introduced.  I've noticed that the share buttons are not always visible when my page loads, they can take a little while to appear, and are sometimes at the top of the page and sometimes at the bottom beside the last comment when I'm using my laptop.  When I've checked some of my Hubs using my Android phone the share buttons aren't always there.  I don't mind having the share buttons in the margin, and if they float up and down that way, but I think it would also be good to have a fixed share button within the text and capsule area.  Otherwise I'd like to have the option to add a "Share capsule" and put it amongst the text so that it is more obvious that my page can be shared.

1. derek gulbranson profile image82
      derek gulbransonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

We are also frustrated by the slowness of the share buttons, but since these are features served entirely from the services provider's (Facebook, Twitter, etc) infrastructure, there's really not much we can do about it. When we initially released the new Hub layout, the share buttons were fixed in the margin. The ad was also included in this container, but we discovered that you can't put AdSense ads in a fixed container so we had to make it no longer fixed.

(Random Tip: Pinterest is the new Facebook as far as driving traffic. 1000 Pins is likely much more valuable to you now than 1000 Facebook Shares.)

1. stricktlydating profile image86
        stricktlydatingposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Derek,
        Thank you for your reply about this matter, it's much appreciated.

2. EsmeSanBona profile image87
        EsmeSanBonaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that tip.  I had wondered if pinning was worth doing since I started doing it. 

I'm also posting on so.cl which I think is going to be an up and comer.  I've been getting pretty good response over there.